When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you work on today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Repack the Morrow and bottom bracket, drum-disassemble/assemble/adjust-messy but needed it-good for another couple years. Bike is 1938 Schwinn BA170 model.

IMG_0976 (1).JPG

I rebuilt what was left of a tank for my wife’s bike. Was looking for one, none popped up… But I stumbled on a marketplace ad for a bike with this tank on it, it didn’t match and the guy had a fabricated tank to put on it. So I inquired. I wanted the challenge to bring it back to life. It was great fun today!

IMG_2547.jpeg

IMG_2615.jpeg

IMG_2617.jpeg

70684119226__0463B330-6F48-4850-A11F-069A19894AE0.jpeg

70684117957__63216C40-C00D-4230-A7A2-A3DD98D4072C.jpeg

Little bit of finessing to do, but it’s solid again! I did not fix every little rust hole, and I wanted it to look like it was repaired. It’ll hold her glasses and a other things as we go for rides now. Pictures tomorrow of it on the bike. And then to decide how to patina match it and she’s going to make a custom decal for it.

Today I made a fender mascot for my 1920’s Ranger Motobike

01A100B6-C669-4A2B-897B-D0773C23EBE6.jpegThe front fender had the headlight bracket on the front fender but no headlight. Today I got the idea to try to make a mascot using a 1920’s/“30’s tootsie toy plane I have and attaching to the existing mount

33AC8CBC-420C-473D-B5CD-F520F1DEF17C.jpeg

5356ED4B-20D5-4004-8A29-C99D1F8BB677.jpegI was going to use piano wire but had none so used very small black zip ties to attach it , maybe a little cheesy but you can’t see and itis very secure. The toy has some value so this doesn’t ruin the toy and when/ if I find the right headlight, I still have mounting bracket intact. The toy also has a spinning prop which will turn when riding! Plus I thought the orange color compliments the brown paint on my Ranger.

This '40 4 gill frame had a very poor quality repaint when I got it. I contemplated repainting it but have decided to leave it bare metal for the time being and coat it with rpm paste. I have used it on cast iron car parts and it has held up ok.

The frame looks to have been hand stripped in the past so I asked the blaster to strip it with plastic media so as not to leave a rough finish. The fork is not original to this frame and had lots of surface rust which the plastic media barely removed so I spent a couple hours scrubbing it with deoxidine.

This should be a great riding bike and very versatile with a 7 speed Nexus out back and 4" Sturmey Archer front drum hub.

IMG_4170.jpeg

IMG_4826.jpeg

IMG_4827.jpeg

IMG_4828.jpeg

IMG_4835.jpeg

IMG_4836.jpeg

Last edited:
This '40 4 gill frame had a very poor quality repaint when I got it. I contemplated repainting it but have decided to leave it bare metal for the time being and coat it with rpm paste. I have used it on cast iron car parts and it has held up ok.

The frame looks to have been hand stripped in the past so I asked the blaster to strip it with plastic media so as not to leave a rough finish. The fork is not original to this frame and had lots of surface rust which the plastic media barely removed so I spent a couple hours scrubbing it with deoxidine.

This should be a great riding bike and very versatile with a 7 speed Nexus out back and 4" Sturmey Archer front drum hub.

View attachment 1845746

View attachment 1845747

View attachment 1845748

View attachment 1845749

View attachment 1845750

View attachment 1845751
I coated my ‘40 4 gill frame today with RPM paste. Once the frame cools you can buff the paste to a gunmetal like finish.

IMG_4856.jpeg

Without RPM
IMG_4857.jpeg

With RPM
IMG_4858.jpeg

Back