When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

McDonalds Cycle Company in Portland Oregon, anyone heard of them?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Weirs bicycle shop was Portlands oldest bicycle shop located on Lombard, sadly Steve Weir closed it down in the early 2000's. I believe Steve was the (baby boomer) grandson, the business was moved for a couple of years to downtown St Johns.
"The East Side" is still commonly known as the industrial district on the east side of the Willamette river... I would bet lunch this is the inner Portland zip code where it was built.
Someone could try researching; Oregon Historical Society, the Journal, Columbian and Oregonian newspapers to name a few.
Jim- Portland/Vancouver

Pix would be nice. Mark.
The Flying Mac 01.jpg

Thank you. Could that have been Marshall? I know there was a Marshall Field store. I can't find anything about Mashels. Barry
Meyer&Frank was another department store in Portland that had beautiful, brass placards they would put on the Schwinns they sold in the store. A really old guy in the neighborhood has one from the early 40s his Mom bought new for his 14th birthday.

Weirs bicycle shop was Portlands oldest bicycle shop located on Lombard, sadly Steve Weir closed it down in the early 2000's. I believe Steve was the (baby boomer) grandson, the business was moved for a couple of years to downtown St Johns.
"The East Side" is still commonly known as the industrial district on the east side of the Willamette river... I would bet lunch this is the inner Portland zip code where it was built.
Someone could try researching; Oregon Historical Society, the Journal, Columbian and Oregonian newspapers to name a few.
Jim- Portland/Vancouver
The original local was awesome! The bike gallery on NE Sandy Blvd was an old shop as well. Then trek bought it and changed it all 👎

Trek sucks! The only bike company around that takes what should be affordable for all and makes it an elitist activity . I walked into the shop once and totally felt like I didn't belong there and all we do is bikes in our house .

Back