When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stolen 1930 Columbia Serial number H65189

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Gully

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Went to get our deck furniture out of the storage unit and found that it was broken into and my 1930 Columbia Camelback was stolen. Still in the box from when I bought it last fall. This was stolen between October and May. Located in SE Minnesota. Storage unit was in Elgin, MN. Here are some photos from the seller as I never got the chance to unpackage it. With the amount of time past I'm sure I'll never find it but if anyone has seen this or parts of it, let me know. It was in a bicycle box so I assume they thought it was new and easy to sell.
1930 columbia 28.JPG

IMG_3713.JPG

20230527_155552.jpg

I hate hearing this ! I hope you get some leads , and recover your stuff. Did they/you have cameras nearby to catch any action ? That is so frustrating ! 😡
Yeah frustrating for sure! The world we live... I asked about cameras and they are getting them installed but are backorderd. There were 2 other units cut like mine. I have insurance but not sure how that's going to go yet.

Yeah frustrating for sure! The world we live... I asked about cameras and they are getting them installed but are backorderd. There were 2 other units cut like mine. I have insurance but not sure how that's going to go yet.

Does that facility have a locked entry to where only renters have access to the units or is it basically open to the public during day time hours and anyone can drive through?

No, it's open 24/7. Small town area. The cops drive through but didn't seem to notice the cut dead bolts.

Sorry about your loss!
But that situation of public access 24/7 is total BS! I was renting a 16 x 50 with a remote electric door opener and when they sold that unit I had to move into a smaller unit. Then had to rent another unit at a different location to make up the loss of square footage. Both units are gated and locked 24/7 and the other site has a full-time resident living on site. Cameras at both locations.

Front%2520Entrance%2520Tight_edited.jpg

I was wondering the same thing security wise. The open 24/7 ones have too many theft stories. The place I have my goods has a manned office. Security cameras. Motion sensors come on after closing time. Metal doors with nothing to cut except the entire lock. I use 2. Sucks people can’t just buy their own stuff and stop Stealing others!

Last week on the way to lunch I saw a huge cloud of smoke in the area of my storage facility and panic and had to find out what it was. Found out it was a couple old mobile homes and not the storage facility. This happened in December 2022 at a Mesa facility and evidently the fire stared by someone that was living in a unit. Many of the renters had previously told the management that people were living in the units and they could see some smoke and could smell something burning. Indoor BBQ maybe? 😂 Another good reason to have insurance on your junk.

1685307909843.png

Last edited:
Back