When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Specialized Rockhopper 1995(?)

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

marius.suiram

I live for the CABE
This Rockhopper was listed on marketplace with a poor picture.
I was able to see in the picture those thumb shifters and I said that it worth to pay 30$ for complete bike to have those shifters.
I got the bike, but now looking at it, there some nice parts on it and I wonder if the complete bike doesn't have value as complete, for some people.
It has those bars, a Specialized triple crank set and a nice set of wheels Saturae Japan.
I remember that the Saturae brand was on a 1994 or so Specialized Allez road bike I had a few years ago.

20230530_184156.jpg

20230530_184201.jpg

20230530_184207.jpg

20230530_184210.jpg

20230530_184218.jpg

20230530_184317.jpg

20230530_184232.jpg

Looks ready to ride, I think regular person looking for commuter type rider maybe $50, otherwise hobbyist do same like you will buy for parts, eg bars, shifters, rear derailleur, fluted seatpost etc.

Well, I can replace the bars, shifters and set of wheels with some more common parts, clean and tune-up the bike and sell it for 120...140$.
I am doing this on a regular basis.
The shifters are bringing around 40$, the Nitto BullMoose Handlebarsore than 40$. Don't know yet about the wheels.
I thought that the bike might have a collector value somehow.
I know that the Stumpjumper has a value for the MTB collectors. I have one those also.

Somebody from a FB mountain bikes group, said that is the 1st year made Rockhopper, and.the only year with those bars, probably 1985.
I will make some researches when I'll be home and check the dates on the components.
The front derailleur is a Shimano Deore and maybe not original.

That is a first year 1985 Rockhopper. The later (1986) models came with the Specialized/Nitto slingshot stem and aluminum riser bars. Nice bike! Looks to be mostly original except for the grips, tires, front derailleur and saddle

Back