When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Orange Krate

-
Your almost 60 you said & this bike is a Dec 71 so you'd approx be 10yrs old give or take a year. 10 yr old girl and your dad bought you a boy's bike. From what I've been reading ... Coolest girl on the block 👍
I'd say $4200 wouldn't be out of line for an honest price. Of course, If I still had my childhood bike, I wouldn't sell it I'd pass it down.
You're funny! Yes! I was my Dad's tomboy (oh, but I was boy crazy too) I ran with a group of guys all my age in the neighborhood and could toss a mean football, pitch a pretty fast ball, and shot hoops with my Dad until dark. Ended up playing a few college sports. I cherished this special bike he gave me and have so many fond memories. My husband and I have raised two very independent athletic kids as well, but they have grown up and moved to other states. They are minimalists so it is probably time to let this bike go to someone who would cherish it. I am just working on selling it in my mind lol. I am guessing I am quickly approaching that moment. :)

Last edited:
What I was saying is don’t bet money on anything like antique bicycles being and investment portfolio…now is the time to sell. I collected stingrays for 20 years…and honestly like 30 other guys had almost identical collections just like mine….same bikes similar conditions And multiples of the same…..the prices are an anomaly and most likely will correct it a few years…

she can ride the bike to the soup line when the economy collapses…I know she ain’t a kid it’s just a term I also spelled Koolest with a K soooooo……..

Hi TBENN11,
Could you please post some more pictures of the Monark Sportster 3-speed? Even though it isn't a "blue chip" collectible like your Orange Krate, a lot of us here really love old lightweights. The color and graphics on this bike make my heart beat faster! Thank you.
Sincerely, Mike (kostnerave)

Hi TBENN11,
Could you please post some more pictures of the Monark Sportster 3-speed? Even though it isn't a "blue chip" collectible like your Orange Krate, a lot of us here really love old lightweights. The color and graphics on this bike make my heart beat faster! Thank you.
Sincerely, Mike (kostnerave)
Absolutely!! If I don’t get them up tonight I’ll do so tomorrow just for you Mike! Thx for asking!

Thanks in advance and for being so nice.
Cheers, Mike
Here you go!! Let me know if you want to see any other details! As before… so many memories riding in the back of my parents bikes :)

7E97DC8D-37B6-441A-8F42-BE74534FF02B.jpeg

8A812F45-6B5A-43CD-B7C5-F479C0BD22C6.jpeg

DE0A9CE2-23E6-4FF9-82A1-440867E8665D.jpeg

338862A1-946F-4E86-A5EE-CB8DDDB0E4D5.jpeg

725943C3-562A-45ED-98CF-3807D047B7D0.jpeg

3C46156A-9707-4EBF-94DE-9D3830A93DC5.jpeg

EDAE76BF-9913-4D01-B26E-EACAF3EA4FB9.jpeg

7AC921C6-C094-45BD-BA80-1B7E1DFDC593.jpeg

3EE63D72-0EE5-453C-A41E-FEECB7EDD2F2.jpeg

988E07A0-8110-466C-A046-D417479BBE3F.jpeg

2E0F4DAC-EB09-43D9-BD0C-55F13A433C66.jpeg

8B0D292F-925A-4DC1-AD6D-FBD27DF37898.jpeg

778B0C0D-1B69-40ED-AE6E-104D0CF7DEB1.jpeg

You're funny! Yes! I was my Dad's tomboy (oh, but I was boy crazy too) I ran with a group of guys all my age in the neighborhood and could toss a mean football, pitch a pretty fast ball, and shot hoops with my Dad until dark. Ended up playing a few college sports. I cherished this special bike he gave me and have so many fond memories. My husband and I have raised two very independent athletic kids as well, but they have grown up and moved to other states. They are minimalists so it is probably time to let this bike go to someone who would cherish it. I am just working on selling it in my mind lol. I am guessing I am quickly approaching that moment. :)
Thank you all again for the insight/input. I have decided to go ahead and list the Orange Karate after a lot of encourangment fro y'all. I can keep the memories, but would be happy if it went to someone who would also cherish it. I losted it today on this site becasue of everyones kindness here. Thanks again!
What I was saying is don’t bet money on anything like antique bicycles being and investment portfolio…now is the time to sell. I collected stingrays for 20 years…and honestly like 30 other guys had almost identical collections just like mine….same bikes similar conditions And multiples of the same…..the prices are an anomaly and most likely will correct it a few years…

she can ride the bike to the soup line when the economy collapses…I know she ain’t a kid it’s just a term I also spelled Koolest with a K soooooo……..
Thank you all again for the insight/input. I have decided to go ahead and list the Orange Karate after a lot of encouragement from y'all. I can keep the memories but would also be happy if it went to someone who would also cherish it. I listed it today on this site because of everyone's kindness here. Thanks again!

Back