When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zephyer bicycle id needed.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

JoeUpstateNY

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hi all...grabbed this bike for a song...any help on ID?
Serial number appears to be B2907 with a smaller capital 'R' character above.
As always any help is appreciated.

azep1.jpg

azep2.jpg

azep3.jpg

azep4.jpg

azep5.jpg

Prewar Huffman. I’m guessing 1940 but look for the numbers on the back of the fork crown as said above. A girls standard so not a whole lot of love for these.

Hi @JoeUpstateNY

As @piercer_99 says, the date code on the back of the fork will help date the bicycle.

Also, there is a date code on the Morrow hub. If it has not been changed, then the hub is normally made just a few months before being fitted on the bicycle.

The code looks like this N3:

de9ed4b6-d9ef-4d35-9e3e-d79dfc9c9155-jpeg.jpg

Photo @New Mexico Brant https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/parkerized-blackout-morrow-war-period-rear-hub-68-shipped.220745/

From my list of survivors, your code may be G4 or H1, last quarter of 1937, or first quarter of 1938.

Incidentally, the R above the frame serial number is actually a 3.

Lest us know the fork and Morrow code if you find them, and we will confirm dating.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Adrian

Hi @JoeUpstateNY

As @piercer_99 says, the date code on the back of the fork will help date the bicycle.

Also, there is a date code on the Morrow hub. If it has not been changed, then the hub is normally made just a few months before being fitted on the bicycle.

The code looks like this N3:

View attachment 1847377
Photo @New Mexico Brant https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/parkerized-blackout-morrow-war-period-rear-hub-68-shipped.220745/

From my list of survivors, your code may be G4 or H1, last quarter of 1937, or first quarter of 1938.

Incidentally, the R above the frame serial number is actually a 3.

Lest us know the fork and Morrow code if you find them, and we will confirm dating.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Adrian

aab.jpg

aab1.jpg

aab2.jpg

aab3.jpg

Hi @JoeUpstateNY

Thanks for sharing the numbers, they help those of us keeping lists to be more accurate for the future. (-:

340 on the fork is March 1940, J1 on the Morrow is Jan to March 1940, so it looks like the original hub, and the bicycle was built no earlier than March 1940.

The 36 13 on the hub are the number of spokes (36) and the guage of spoke (13).

Best Regards,

Adrian

My observation is the "B" serial is usually 1940 which was confirmed by both hub and fork crown.

Back