When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold Cyrus Great Western Old Balloon Tire Bike Nice Looking/Rider For Sale

-
Price
Zipcode

mike1117

Finally riding a big boys bike
I have no clue as to how much this bike is worth, or anything much at all about the bike which is why I posted a few days ago on this site the following asking for some help. I will that thread up as it may contain some info any prospective buyer may find helpful. Just type in Cyrus to find that thread which I started by stating the following.

"I have never cleaned this or even put a wrench to this bike. I have ridden it, bot a bad rider. My father's name was Cyril, but also went by Cyrus or Cy. So when searching for Stingray's I saw this bike and thought I might take off the head badge and keep that. Probably easier to purchase a head badge and just sell this bike as it is. I searched Cyrus here on the Cabe but did not find much out about this bike. I have no idea if it is a $50 bike or a $1000 bike so I would appreciate any help before I list it for sale. I would guess the Bendix rear hub might not be original. Looks like possibly all original paint, maybe did not come with a chain guard? Has made in USA Goodyear tires on the bike. Rides and stops well, nice looking seat maybe original. I would really appreciate any help in telling me what I have, maybe about what year this might be, what is original and what is not and an estimate of price I should ask. Any type of info is welcome and I am sure would also be appreciated by any prospective purchaser. Serial # on bottom of crank hard to read but looks like F 7636 is stamped on there. I will a post a lot of photos of this bike. Thanks for looking."

Bike is for sale, $700, LOCAL PICKUP IN SAN JOSE, CA ONLY.

I had a few comments to my post which I appreciate, but not to much info on the bike, and none as to what an estimated price should be to list it for. I hate to make assumptions, but I will assume either this is a very rare bike that nobody has an idea of what the value of it is, or they were to busy to help me out. I will assume it is a rare bike, I also know that being a rare bike or rare anything does not always equate into being valuable. So not having a clue as to what it is worth, I will list it for sale for $700, Local Pickup from me In San Jose only which I know really limits the market for for this bike, but it is what I prefer. I know I can have someone pack the bike, although I have packed many bikes in the past, just to many problems with shipping bikes I no longer wish to deal with. Also might consider Stingray parts or bikes in trade again as long as it is all local. This bike will sell as I have no intention of keeping it. I am a Stingray bike guy and can pretty much tell you what they are worth, as well as pretty much what every nut, bolt, part on those bikes are worth and need no help in pricing Stingray's and parts when I sell them. I am not a balloon tire old bike guy. I have been reaching out here to find out the value of some of the non Stingray bikes I have recently been selling on this site. I have noticed when asking for a possible value of a bike before listing here there can be minimal to no response, but list a bike for sale with a crazy high price and everyone will let you know about it. There should be a section on here for bikes listed on Ebay or other sites with crazy high prices, as there are a lot of people on this site that like to show everyone the bike or bike part for sale has a crazy price. Maybe the seller has no idea what it is worth, maybe they tried to find out what might be a reasonable price and did not get any help. Or maybe they are just fooling around and just know what it is worth and are not really serious in selling for a reasonable price. Just a heads up on this Cyrus, I like to think I am not wasting any ones time, I want to sell the bike, I reached out for help on a value, none was given so hopefully everyone does not now come out of the woodwork telling me I am crazy for asking $700 for the bike. Thanks.

102_0662.JPG

102_0663.JPG

102_0664.JPG

102_0665.JPG

102_0676.JPG

102_0666.JPG

102_0687.JPG

102_0668.JPG

102_0669.JPG

102_0670.JPG

The link below should explain for you why the GW badge is with the DP Harris frame & fork.

There should be a section on here for bikes listed on Ebay or other sites with crazy high prices, as there are a lot of people on this site that like to show everyone the bike or bike part for sale has a crazy price.

There actually is. Though I can't find the thread right now, believe it's in the Stuff on eBay, Craigslist, Facebook, etc. section.

Wish I were in a better position, I'd buy this bike now. I love orphan brands, whether it's bike, cars, or guitars.

Yea, when I decide to sell a bike and pull it out of storage it is garaged and easy to get at so I ride those bikes. And it is funny how you get attached to them the more you ride them and start thinking about keeping them

If anyone local wants this for $300 I will be around this weekend here in San Jose, CA. Thanks.

I just bought a frame with no head badge. Very heavy duty 1 1/8” tubes. Perfect for me. Well I was told it’s a waverly and found a badge with the side studs but it was a little small and I would have to drill new holes. Well I cleaned some of it up and could tell the crown and the C so I just bought one of those. I’m thinking it’s a match but what I found out that badge is 1898 or earlier. Nothing on 1899 but 1900 was the start of the front facing screws. My frame number is 104? On Facebook is where there’s a great western club. I’m sure that’s a great place to find a buyer. Good luck

Back