When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shipbikes

-
In NY I find PIRATESHIPPING.COM to be pretty darn cheap when sending to CA and even cheaper when sending East coast

I started this conversation in order to share that a long time provider was back in business. If politics have to be inserted please go to a different forum

IMG_5962.gif

With a catch

"We are back to serve you! Effective June 1, 2023, shipBikes.com services will only be available to individual consumers using shipBikes.com containers."
My thoughts are I can ship a bike from Michigan to Cali for $100 -/-.......with these guys the box costs 129 + the shipping.....I can't use them.....but wish them all the luck ..... we'll see.....

With a catch

"We are back to serve you! Effective June 1, 2023, shipBikes.com services will only be available to individual consumers using shipBikes.com containers."
I have to wonder, is that at least in part due to those that would fudge the numbers and think they're beating the system. I remember seeing a few discussions on here about shipping bikes, and some would say that they would fudge the dimensions or weight to save a few bucks.
Can't fudge the dimensions if the boxes are all predetermined sizes. But thanks for screwing it up for everybody else.

I agree - my understanding from someone who apparently was familiar with their previous shut down was that people were fudging sizes, weights, and the contents of the boxes. They used Fed Ex and apparently the relationship soured because of those things. The proprietary box limits the dimension issues to some degree, and they probably are more closely patrolling weight. More options are better, but that proprietary box thing makes it less convenient. I have boxes sitting around I'd use if I could instead of having to buy new ones.

Back