When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver King???

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

RedReh

On Training Wheels
I finally had time to clean out my dad's storage shed and found this bicycle that had been given to him by his best man at his wedding. It is a beautiful bicycle. I did try and wipe it down with a rag. The chain guard says Silver King but it doesn't look like any I have found on the internet. Just wondering if anyone know what brand this bike could be and how best to restore it and possibly even what it might be worth in it's current condition? It does have a 4 digit serial number stamped on the bottom which begins with a 9XXX. Thank for your help.

IMG_7595[1].JPG

IMG_7597[1].JPG

IMG_7617[1].JPG

IMG_7601[1].JPG

IMG_7615[1].JPG

IMG_7607[1].JPG

IMG_7604[1].JPG

IMG_7599[1].JPG

The bike isn’t really worth restoring. If your intentions are to sell I would do nothing to it because any money spent is sunk cost. If you intend to clean, service, and ride then it would be worth tubes and tires.

I'm not familiar with that serial number system. I was expecting to see a 9H###### type stamp, 9 being the year. Maybe wipe the frame near the left rear axle?

Screenshot_20230602-182435.png

I'm guessing somewhere close to 1961.

Back