When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original Elgin Bluebird DOND

-
Payment Terms
Cash, Cashier’s Check or mutually agreeable
Shipping
Local pickup preferred, buddy system, show I attend
Zipcode

scalptrader

Look Ma, No Hands!
For your consideration is an original Elgin Bluebird. Bike is complete and rideable. Overall, this is a very nice example that you can immediately enjoy & ride or restore should you desire. I’ve been vasiliating with painting it but have not come to terms if I want to go in that direction so I decided to offer this up to another caretaker. Wheels are correct as is the speedometer with cable, original head badge, high quality reproduction (cast in brass from original) fender ornament. I believe the headlight lens is plastic, correct original stem with bolt and wedge. Restored Troxel seat. I believe the front fender is from a Robin. Original bars with correct reproduction grips. Pedals are mostly reproduction parts. Original light/horn buttons. Original working pencil kickstand. Original rear fender and rack with glass jewel reflector. White walls hold air. The only thing I’m aware that it’s missing is the rear sprocket for the speedo cable otherwise complete. I tried to capture it’s originality in the pictures from different angles. There shouldn’t be any surprises with this bike as it’s a pretty honest specimen. Let’s see if someone would like to be it’s next caretaker via DOND with a 24 hour timeframe. I’m located in Northwest Indiana and prefer not to ship and would like to rely on the buddy system, courier, swap meet I attend or local pickup but happy to coordinate and work closely with buyer to ensure a safe handoff. Cash, cashiers check, Paypal FF or something similar will work. I’m very amenable and want to make sure that it’s going to a good home otherwise I’m happy to keep it.

IMG_1986.jpeg

IMG_1996.jpeg

IMG_1987.jpeg

IMG_1983.jpeg

IMG_1984.jpeg

IMG_1988.jpeg

IMG_1991.jpeg

IMG_1990.jpeg

IMG_1989.jpeg

IMG_1992.jpeg

IMG_1993.jpeg

IMG_1994.jpeg