When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marin Museum of Bicycling Swap Meet 6/3/23

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Carltonator

Finally riding a big boys bike
1 MMOB Swap.jpg

2 webpage.JPG

I went to the Marin Museum of Bicycling swap meet today in Fairfax California…It’s about an hour from me so I left about 6am… I’ve been to a number of motorcycle swap meets…but I think today was my first bicycle swap… I look for 19th–early 20th century memorabilia …photos, posters, trophies, etc…and that stuff is hard to find whatever venue you go to…today was no exception…hardly any what I was after was there…but I expected that… turned out about how I figured it would…

You find stuff by looking under every rock…I go to all type antiques venues just in case… I could imagine a vendor that deals in 1980’s BMX bikes happens to mention to his neighbor he’s going to be selling at a bike swap…neighbor says…hey we got this c1910 bicycle race trophy my wife’s great uncle won…she inherited it and it’s been in the attic for years...do you think you could sell it for me… Hey you never know…anything can happen

I made two little purchases I really didn’t need for my collection but they were cheap and cool…a Stewart Warner Bicycle Speedometer for $30.00…and a German bicycle chain tin with a piece of chain inside for $10.00….the speedometer had me because of the graphic of a cyclist on the face…and the tin because I like sports related tins…Below are some photos of the day…
-carlton
www.SportsAntiques.com

3 Carlton Pickups.jpg

4 Carlton pickup Speedo (1).jpg

20230603_072538 (Copy).jpg

20230603_073245 (Copy).jpg

20230603_073330 (Copy).jpg

20230603_073524 (Copy).jpg

20230603_073536 (Copy).jpg

20230603_073539 (Copy).jpg

Last edited:
I found the schwinn frame I was looking for in blue paint to match the goodies I had laying around the house and even better "I" serial code... bonus 😁 and priced to buy!! Bonus bonus. Glad I went and glad to see fellow cabers out there. Bonus bonus bonus 😜!!

IMG_20230603_191828344.jpg

Back