When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Outing by Hay & Willits

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

New Mexico Brant

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Thanks to the return of the restored Hunt saddle by Josh @STRADALITE I started seriously working on the Hay and Willits Mfr. Company "Outing". I love the sexy geometry of this bicycle! So many refined treatments were used by this Indianapolis, Indiana maker; they were clearly ahead of their time! A special thanks to @Jesse McCauley as this bicycle is missing it’s badge. Jesse was responsible for the proper identification.

The serial number appears to be pretty low digits but I can’t quite make it out. I am not going to do the 'lottery ticket scratch-off" so it may remain a mystery.

The frame has thinned remains of a gunmetal blue paint. One has to imagine this color is similar to the paint mentioned on some early Racycles.

I look forward to presenting updates in the coming days and weeks.

Any further information and posts are greatly appreciated. I have had trouble finding literature on this company.

Thank you for looking!

IMG_7757.jpeg

IMG_7747.jpeg

IMG_7748.jpeg

IMG_7750.jpeg

IMG_7752.jpeg

IMG_7751.jpeg

IMG_7754.jpeg

IMG_7755.jpeg

IMG_7756.jpeg

IMG_7758.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks to the return of the restored Hunt saddle by Josh @STRADALITE I started seriously working on the Hay and Willits Mfr. Company "Outing". I love the sexy geometry of this bicycle! So many refined treatments were used by this Indianapolis, Indiana maker; they were clearly ahead of their time! A special thanks to @Jesse McCauley as this bicycle is missing it’s badge. Jesse was responsible for the proper identification.

The serial number appears to be pretty low digits but I can’t quite make it out. I am not going to do the 'lottery ticket scratch-off" so it may remain a mystery.

The frame has thinned remains of a gunmetal blue paint. One has to imagine this color is similar to the paint mentioned on some early Racycles.

I look forward to presenting updates in the coming days and weeks.

Any further information and posts are greatly appreciated. I have had trouble finding literature on this company.

Thank you for looking!

View attachment 1849426

View attachment 1849429

View attachment 1849430

View attachment 1849432

View attachment 1849436

View attachment 1849439

View attachment 1849442

View attachment 1849443

View attachment 1849444

View attachment 1849445
What a saddle!
Wonderful.

Some more progress was made yesterday; trying on gums for size. The Outing needs an overly wide rear hub. I am still trying to figure out a solution. These Dean tires still need a patina to be applied and I can fiddle with this wheel set so it can be used just for display until a more suitable rear wheel becomes available.

IMG_7788.jpeg

IMG_7782.jpeg

IMG_7781.jpeg

IMG_7792.jpeg

IMG_7793.jpeg

Back