When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Favorit Rapido

-

rapido

On Training Wheels
Hello, this is my first post. This bike was given to us and we had intended to get it back on the road, but it's been a few years now, and I just feel it deserves to go to the right home.

I do know this is all original. The original owner had this since the 70's. Sidewalls on the tires are deteriorating, so it will need new tires, and possibly tubes. It has some surface rust on the handlebars, but it's all there and it's got great bones. The decals are all in really nice condition.

My wife told someone she had this bike, and after sending this photo, the person is interested, but we have no idea what we should be asking for it.

This is a local person who fixes/repairs bikes I know this is a vintage bike, and I just want to make sure we are asking a fair price for it.

Any help would be appreciated.

favorit.jpg

-----

hello rapido & welcome to the forum

thank you for sharing your cycle

it was manufactured at a factory in the town of Rokycany in what was at the time Czechoslovakia, today the Czech Republic

the factory produces cycles under at least a half dozen differing names

the Rapido brand is generally seen for practical adult transportation models whether one-speed, three-speed planetary or five-speed derailleur drive trains

the Favorit name is most commonly encouontered on sports models

the Pioneer name is used typically for jevenile bicycles

other brand names which issue from the factory include Eska, Jawa and Velamos

exportation to other countries was carried out by the export group Motokov Praha; they were the agent for Jawa motorcycles and mopeds, Barum tyres, chain hoists, side cars and the bicycles produced at the factory in Rokycany

threading for the frame's headset and bottom bracket is BSC ("English")
frame's wheel spacing is 100mm front and 120mm rear

date: the first two characters of the serial number stamped into the underside of the machine's bottom bracket give the year of manufacture as in this image -

ESKA serial marking .jpg

have not purchased or sold a cycle in many a year to shall leave valuation estimates to those who are up on the current market

note they are likely to give valuations in USD's

-----

Last edited:
Thank-you for your reply, and welcoming.

My phone is charging so I can't take a pic, and I am really not a good photographer anyway. I went to check and the first two numbers on the serial number are 81. I was going to say late 70's originally, but it turns out it's early 80's.

I had one of those. Very well made if somewhat ordinary bikes, obviously built to work and last rather than race!

My old Jawa says hello...
ACCF4BB2-17CD-4FA1-8F90-6366010F25B4.jpeg

Hello, this is my first post. This bike was given to us and we had intended to get it back on the road, but it's been a few years now, and I just feel it deserves to go to the right home.

I do know this is all original. The original owner had this since the 70's. Sidewalls on the tires are deteriorating, so it will need new tires, and possibly tubes. It has some surface rust on the handlebars, but it's all there and it's got great bones. The decals are all in really nice condition.

My wife told someone she had this bike, and after sending this photo, the person is interested, but we have no idea what we should be asking for it.

This is a local person who fixes/repairs bikes I know this is a vintage bike, and I just want to make sure we are asking a fair price for it.

Any help would be appreciated.

View attachment 1849948
Ask $100......take $50.00

Back