When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please Help In Identifying And Pricing This Pre War Bike That I Will Be Selling

-

mike1117

Finally riding a big boys bike
Transmission in my van acting up, so instead of going to the Marin Swap I stayed near San Jose this weekend to try and hunt down some Stingray bikes and parts. It was a great weekend weather wise, and there were a lot of garage sales, flea markets, bike ads on the web popping up. I ended up finding a few Stingray parts, and some 26" parts from the 40-50's I would say, and a lot of tires and 26" S2 wheels/rims. I also purchased 2 old, well used bikes that were in a garage. Notice I did not use the words barn find, or patina which might be the most overused words in collecting the past 10 years or even more in my opinion. Nope, got these in a garage, and they are in used/worn condition. I have sold about 7 bikes on here the last 3 months or so and really appreciate the help in telling me what I had and a price range for the bikes as I know my Stingrays very well, but not full sized bikes so good. So please do not be afraid to tell me what is wrong with the bike, and correct me if I am wrong in what I think this is, the more I can tell a buyer about the bike either good or bad the better. I would like to say that before I write these posts asking for help, I spend hours searching this site to see what I can find out, as well as Ebay, and the web in general. I am a Stingray collector, so I do not know a lot about a lot of the other bikes. I have seen a lot of posts here where people ask for help in an ID and a price for a bike, sometimes without even a photo which is crazy, or I bet without spending any time trying to do some research first. I guess in this day and age, people want answers and help as soon and effortlessly as possible. I personally like trying to find out what I might have first.

The bike in question is what I think might be a Westfield. I started the search by searching Davega Sports, also Reggie McNamera where there seemed to be a few of this type of bike that were called Westfield. I then searched and found out some about them. My guess is a pre war bike, skip tooth sprocket, drop center rims, USA Lightning Dart tires, Pre War bike possibly, Serial # is C49368. Women's bike with a tank as shown. Any input on price and the bike in general would be helpful to me and any potential buyer's. I am thinking it is a nice bike, but perhaps nothing to special or valuable, most I saw that were for sale on here in years past were $500 at the most/tops. Has a New Departure rear brake/hub. I rode this quite a bit today, it is a real nice riding bike. I have not turned a nut or screw on this bike, have not cleaned it, just aired up the tires and rode it. Thanks

102_1049.JPG

102_1093.JPG

102_1050.JPG

102_1051.JPG

102_1052.JPG

102_1053.JPG

102_1054.JPG

102_1055.JPG

102_1056.JPG

102_1057.JPG

102_1058.JPG

102_1059.JPG

The bike in question is what I think might be a Westfield. I started the search by searching Davega Sports, also Reggie McNamera where there seemed to be a few of this type of bike that were called Westfield. I then searched and found out some about them. My guess is a pre war bike, skip tooth sprocket, drop center rims, USA Lightning Dart tires, Pre War bike possibly, Serial # is C49368. Women's bike with a tank as shown. Any input on price and the bike in general would be helpful to me and any potential buyer's. I am thinking it is a nice bike, but perhaps nothing to special or valuable, most I saw that were for sale on here in years past were $500 at the most/tops. Has a New Departure rear brake/hub. I rode this quite a bit today, it is a real nice riding bike. I have not turned a nut or screw on this bike, have not cleaned it, just aired up the tires and rode it. Thanks
Not Westfield, it's a Schwinn!
1939 is my guess, based on guard and tank graphic.
Davega Sports, Reggie badge is Way Cool!!!
She should sell Quick here on the CABE for $500 probably more.

What about the apple green C-model in the back ground?
Badge, EZ Speed "Our Own Hardware store"
Keeper for you???
Bunch of messages yet???
Great scores!
You chose wisely, congratulations!!!

Thanks to everyone for the input on the red bike. It really is appreciated. I was amazed at he number of emails and calls I received today regarding not this red bike but the green bike shown in the background of a photo. That was the other bike I purchased along with this red bike this past weekend. Sounds like from what I heard today from people contacting me that green bike might be worth quite a bit more than this girls bike. Not sure what I will be doing with the green bike at this time, but thanks to everyone for the interest in it.

Back