When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Worksman Bikes

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I've been trying to unravel the mystery of not seeing Worksman bikes prior to the 1960s, so I took a deep dive, back in time. I discovered this ad in the December 1, 1912 edition of the New York Tribune:

Worksman ad 1912.png

There were various other, similar bicycle ads in the Tribune over the next 10 years, all by the same M. Worksman. The Wiki page for Worksman, says "The company was founded by Morris Worksman, who began building cycles for local deliveries in New York City", so I'm guessing Worksman was outfitting Pope/Columbia/Westfield bicycles with baskets, for delivery.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worksman_Cycles

I decided to look for businesses with "Worksman" in the name, registered with the State of New York, Department of State, Division of Corporations. The earliest Worksman business I found, was Worksman Trading Corp., filed January 2, 1945, by Jeffrey Mishkin, in Ozone Park, NY., bringing me to the below head badge, posted here in this thread, redacted:

A badge I found a while back, a few years ago. I was told it was a reproduction for an anniversary model, but have yet to actually see another. Also have yet to see the reference to the original.
img_3674-jpg.jpg

Which looks a LOT like this Westfield badge:

Westfield Badge.jpg

Clearly an indication that, prior to actual manufacturing of Worksman products, Worksman's bikes were re-badged Westfield/Pope/Columbia bikes, which were mentioned in numerous newspaper ads in the early 1900s.

That's what I have, so far ...

Here are a couple customized M2600 models, these frames are still made in NYC & NC. The frames pictured are only 5 -10 years old. The crowned fork in the second picture is off a Workman from the 80s. The M2600 is a CTT 20.5" seat tube frame for taller riders, they also made an INB (Industrial Newsboy) with a 18.5" seat tube that has a top tube that drops down at the seat tube.. The top tube on the M2600 is actually 23.5" CTC so it a longer stretched out frame with layback seat tube that actually rides very nice. The last picture is a stock M2600. The oldest model of the M2600 & INB I have seen is from the 70s. I personally love the ride of these frames.

IMG_1889.JPG

Last edited:
I love these bikes & the company. Mine's a tank & a 1/2. I actually would like to score a few more, different models. I wish I would'a bought the Low Gravity that sold on here last week. I think mine's an 80's model I too would love to see one from years ago.

DSC01671 (2).JPG

DSC01667 (2).JPG

DSC01664 (2).JPG

DSC01666 (2).JPG

Back