When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another little green Pierce

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Cool bike. The Angola Pierce/Emblem motos that I have seen over the years are a varied lot of designs, many and varied, as if they were trying something different or new for fun. This is the 1st one of this style I have seen, but it does not surprise me. I know that Emblem made more variants on the Moto frames than any other maker. Different main frame tube sizes, different top tube diameters, bends, angles, and distances between, not necessarily making any sense. Streamline frames also pop up now and again from Emblem. I do not believe the top bar is bent, but instead a welders' design feature....can we see the serial number on the BB? 300K-400K? Your frame has the real-deal Pierce style forged drops and fairly good paint..
1686318678013.jpeg

Last edited:
Cool bike. The Angola Pierce/Emblem motos that I have seen over the years are a varied lot of designs, many and varied, as if they were trying something different or new for fun. This is the 1st one of this style I have seen, but it does not surprise me. I know that Emblem made more variants on the Moto frames than any other maker. Different main frame tube sizes, different top tube diameters, bends, angles, and distances between, not necessarily making any sense. Streamline frames also pop up now and again from Emblem. I do not believe the top bar is bent, but instead a welders' design feature....can we see the serial number on the BB? 300K-400K? Your frame has the real-deal Pierce style forged drops and fairly good paint..
View attachment 1851728
Interesting and true observations, and I previously stated "certainly not factory" which I can't really say. As I stated the fork,and headtube lack the damage I would associate with this bend, also no significant paint damage in the area of the bend.
20230605_123213.jpg

serial is 200000 range and is stamped on rear dropout...I usually associate that location to late Buffalo built, but provided the headbadge was not changed this is an early angola build before moving stamping to bottom bracket.
20220722_150417.jpg

this is the boys little green serial 188000 late buffalo build.
DB395250-56B5-4D17-99F8-F9512AD5D034.jpeg

and a picture of a streamline as you mentioned.
I have several emblem built and they all vary, later frames have specific trumpet joints....this one does not.

With all the work done here by past and present members,@bluestreak...etc., I still have questions about pierce serial numbers, particularly at the pierce/emblem takeover transition.......and emblem numbers pre 1918......someday I'll do some research.

Back