When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tricycle with tool box saddle?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

fat tire trader

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Does anyone on the list have a trike from the 30s with tool box saddle? I have one that is missing a clip or something that holds the door closed.

Here's a picture of the saddle.
It's missing something from the top of the opening that holds the door closed.
rollfast_trike_5-1.jpg

and the trike
rollfast_trike_3-1.jpg

I wonder if it originally had a leather or oilcloth strap attached to the seat back rivet that had a slit in the fastening end to slip over a metal rivet or pin on the flap...something like a button and button hole? I saw this on ebay and was very tempted to bid, but where I would put it in a crowded basement was the tough question. I did save photos of the auction site for future reference. Glad you were able to win it!

Dave

Last edited:
Hi Dave,
I watched the trike on Ebay for at least a month, each week he lowered the price, then I went for it. I have a 26" Rollfast in the same color and condition that it will look great next to. For now it has a prominent place in a (vacant) downtown store window. A strap may be what it needs. I'll take a picture of the clip on the door.
Thanks,
Chris

adult tool box saddle

Here this pic is from one on a 36 .
photo 3.jpg

This is the latch from another door .
photo 2.jpg

photo 1.jpg

Hope that helps
Thanks GT

Last edited:
Thanks GT!
I got sidetracked on other projects until now. I just looked back and saw your response. Is your saddle on a Rollfast trike?
Thanks,
Chris

Back