When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I need help to understand what the big deal with "Racycle Bicycles" is all about

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I fell for mine when I was probably about 12, she had just been discovered and was receiving a "rattle-can" restoration... Ive owned it since I was 23.... Im almost 51 now, I just started finding good information about it starting about 3-4 years ago namely thanks to the CABE..... What got me when I first saw her was all the wood.... Wheels and handlebars... The other thing that got me was that it was so old and had full suspension! Due to a ton of research, I determined that mine is a 1903, she's about 1/2 way through a full, proper restoration. Not pictured are my wood drop style handlebars, the new nickle plating and wheels. At this point, all I'm missing is a nice headbadge, a proper front hub and the "correct" stem....
image.jpg

Last edited:
I own some Miami's and a racycle. Both bought purely by accident didn't know squat about them.

Thats a beauty! Thats the stem I'm searching for..... You said it's a Miami...which flavor?

I thought that huge chainring was the coolest thing the first time I saw one. The flying merkel fame doesn't hurt either;). Here is a pic of one of my two

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 271
Thank you. Oh no.. Not that road again.... I'll let someone else do the discovery on her. My guessing is always off and yes it's badged as a Hudson. Wow thats some mighty low bars!!

I think Racyles are intricate and well made machines, just that I prefer streamlined designs and I have wondered the same question with this manufacturer and all triangle based TOC 28" safety frames for that matter.
As catfish said, it is to each their own really and if you have to ask the question of what the big deal is, they aren't right for you.
Chris

As catfish said, it is to each their own really and if you have to ask the question of what the big deal is, they aren't right for you.
Chris

Well said. This is how I feel about balloon tire bikes..:p not for me

I think Racyles are intricate and well made machines, just that I prefer streamlined designs and I have wondered the same question with this manufacturer and all triangle based TOC 28" safety frames for that matter.
Chris

Easy Brother....I'll be the first to say that I don't know much about TOC and Schwinns bikes, it's no secret. I don't know squat about any TOC bikes, that is way I asked the question. Isn't that what the forum is for? I like TOC bikes but I have been hearing a ton of chatter about the Racycle brand that I was merely asking the question. Was it the pinnacle of TOC bikes? Was it the best made? Was it mainly a race bike? Was it more expensive than most other bike of it's time? I wasn't talking crap when I asked it, look at the first post. I just want to know more. Chris, I have asked questions about most all my bike before a purchased one, so whats the deal. Still love ya bro...lol.

Back