When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1892 Victor Copake project almost ridable

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

bikejunk

I live for the CABE
DSC02179.jpg

my 1892-1893 Victor is almost ready to ride - it is possible to stretch the new Robert Dean 28 inch tires to a 30 inch wheel and thank god for heavy house paint as it protected the nickle on most of the parts . The fabrication of the brake hardware was and is the hardest part as I am working from photos. I Know the pedals and seat are period but not victor but it puts me in the saddle- will keep yous guys updated on the ride when finished. thanks

DSC02179.jpg

Very nice job. Hope your riding, soon.
I would like to know how it handles and rides....
I'm getting ready to buy a set of 28"x 1-3/4" smooth whites, for my 1903 Racycle Roadster.

I've heard of people warming up 28" RD's and stretching over a 30" hoop. You may want to contact Richard directly and inquire as to temp tolerances of his rubber.

Very nice and I'd like to get a peep in your building too (I'll even bring the flashlights!)
Chris

Yea in close contact with Richard Dean on the stretching of the new color tires did not know if it would work or not next step is taking them off and gluing them back on - next warm sunny day

Back