When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your KLUNKER 5, SPITFIRE 5 or CRUISER 5

-
What's the story on the Clunker 5 how many were sold and when was the first Spitfire 5 dated. Mine View attachment 420700View attachment 420701 has 0819 stamp on head badge and looks like new stickers were added but everything else looks great, I think Finders were sold Originally on this bike???
amazing find in CL for what I paid $$.

Sent from my C6743 using Tapatalk
I don't believe they were stock, but yours and some others look factory. I'm guessing they were an option, probably from the dealer.

What's the story on the Clunker 5 how many were sold and when was the first Spitfire 5 dated. Mine View attachment 420700View attachment 420701 has 0819 stamp on head badge and looks like new stickers were added but everything else looks great, I think Finders were sold Originally on this bike???
amazing find in CL for what I paid $$.

Sent from my C6743 using Tapatalk
I had a black Klunker and a red Spitfire 5.Both had fenders but were aftermarket,dealer installed.I've seen a few Schwinn Cruisers (generically speaking) from that era with Schwinn fenders,they must have offered them sometime.This one certainly has them.

My Florida ride, a CL find. I believe it was a cruiser 5 because of the welded on lugs. Havent seen it in a few months but I'm pretty sure its an 85. Soon to get a kickback.

100_1625.JPG

100_1621.JPG

Nice Klunker Tony. When I was refurbing my Black Spitfire 5 I finally convinced Dan, bicyclebones, to reproduce those top bar decals. Mine vanished and at that time I was about to install some of the old 50's style feather script decals like the 80-82 Cruisers.

Nice Klunker Tony. When I was refurbing my Black Spitfire 5 I finally convinced Dan, bicyclebones, to reproduce those top bar decals. Mine vanished and at that time I was about to install some of the old 50's style feather script decals like the 80-82 Cruisers.
Thanks GTs58! I wasn't quite sure if it was a decal or silkscreen

Back