When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your rattle can paint job

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
20170703_105334.jpg
20170703_110234.jpg
20170703_102813.jpg

My 1936 Schwinn C model.

Rattle & a good clear coat, someone else mentioned this. If you aren't affiliated with some type of auto body shop, it is very difficult to go w/ strictly automotive quality materials throughout. I think that a good etching primer is key. Between Rustolium & Krylon, they have some really great colors. Oregano, aged bronze, w/ colonial red stripping, all Rustolium, urethane clear coat on this one.

fullsizeoutput_3b3.jpeg

Have you repainted a bicycle with a rattle can (commercial spray paint)? How did it come out? Please post photos and what paint you used and what we should avoid. Any tips? Any brands of spray paint we all should avoid?

Cleanliness, Cleanliness, Cleanliness and some more Cleanliness!

I bought as Advertised off the Web: Original Schwinn Maroon factory matched paint (or something to that effect) in rattle cans. I think the Guys name was Aaron something. I liked the paint, but had a hard time getting my orders. I still need to pin stripe it but it turned out good. When I bought the bike it had all been sand blasted except the fork, I wish it hadn't been blasted. I bet the rest of the paint was real nice. The forks cleaned up nice so I left them alone. Check them out, you can see some chips but the original paint is NIIIICCE.
SAM_2342.JPG
SAM_2338.JPG
SAM_2336.JPG
SAM_2345.JPG
SAM_2349.JPG
SAM_2357.JPG
SAM_2366.JPG
SAM_2375.JPG
SAM_2428.JPG
SAM_2430.JPG

SAM_2339.JPG

This. bike was a rusty mess. Then I sprayed wd-40 on it and it got worse. glass beaded the fenders. Tank and rack leaving holes in 3 out of 4 items. Just like the episode of Star Trek where the aliens upon rescueing the female- they didn't know what she looked. like when they put her together. I too didn't have any guide to look at when I painted her.

uploadfromtaptalk1502621637768.jpg

Last edited:
Back