When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold ***FOR SALE*** RARE 38-39 ROADMASTER HANG TANK BICYCLE

-

CWCMAN

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
For sale is this seldom seen, rare in terms of known examples 1938-39 Roadmaster hang tank bicycle (D15615).

In -fact, this model bicycle does not even appear in any 38-39 catalogs for some reason.

This is a very smooth riding bicycle which wears its original reversed paint scheme of cream/blue with orange pins.

I sourced the original rack and paint matched the cream color and had the amazing Tom Clark add the pins. Tom also touched up on some of the orange pins that were ghosting away.

Although I did not remove the tank when I took these pictures, the inside of the tank is nice, shiny original paint with no rust.

The tank has some unusual fading/paint loss on both sides of the tank. I was going to have Tom match the paint and airbrush some color and the logos back in but decided to “leave it be” as Scott A. would put it.

The Roadmaster logos are still visible though.

The Delta tail light works (add battery), the EA head light works (add battery) and the tank horn also works but you need to adjust and fool with it a bit.

The bike rolls on a set of Carlisle Indian head tires. I also added the Bob U. restored Messenger wire frame seat and a set of original coke bottle grips. The bike will also include a set of Torrington 8’s or 10’s

Overall, a very nice surviving example of a rare bike.

I'm only selling because I already have a very nice example of this same model bike.

At this time I prefer local sale. However, if you are interested, send me a convo and I will consider shipping at your expense.

$1500 cash and carry or PayPal as friends/family or add the 4% offers always welcome
IMG_0191.JPG
IMG_0192.JPG
IMG_0194.JPG
IMG_0203.JPG
IMG_0204.JPG
IMG_0205.JPG
IMG_0207.JPG
IMG_0208.JPG
IMG_0202.JPG
IMG_0193.JPG
IMG_0198.JPG
IMG_0199.JPG