When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Raleigh Tamarack Mountain Tour

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Randall Boblitt

On Training Wheels
My garage sale find for $10, tires are shot but otherwise a nice solid looking old mountain bike. Anyone have any familiarity with this bike or anything you would like to share? Worth slapping some new tread on it?

20170506_120250.jpg

well it has Bullmoose bars I say its worth slapping some new tires and possibly a different saddle on it. My guess its Raleigh's 1st MTB model in the 1980's. The old 1980's mountain bikes make great commuter with little money and parts

Got a pic from the other side? Probably a pretty nice bike. Does it have Shimano "Deerhead" components on it?

That's a score for $10! Paint looks to be in good shape. I agree with WVbicycles, it'll look sweet with new treads and an old school MTB saddle, maybe an Avocet Touring II type if you want to look period. I'd probably look at fresh brake pads for safety too , maybe kool stops.

looks nice... if all the components are working [ id like to see a shot of the rear derailleur as well ], and it isnt too tall for you, i would def ride it. Looks comfy for someone over 6'.

Lil old me at 5'8" ... tht frame would be too large :)

Back