When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Plastic dragster pedal car 1972

-

kwoodyh

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I have never seen anything like this! It's missing the steering mechanism (I think it was some sort of caster and a steering wheel with shaft that ran through the bug catcher)? The front wheels are non functional and are shaped like that to give it a comic book (Kartoons) look? It was made by the company that also made all those plastic Santas and snowmen you used to see everywhere around the holidays! Empire Plastics Corporation
319b5347bd44d7a5eb1331384608875b.jpg
d8bc59e5a9acc5c35826e09b23180373.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Considerably different from your dragster, however here is another plastic dragster of similar era. This one does have a steering mechanism and functional front wheels though no propulsion mechanism such as yours has.

35095642971_aa38868c13_b.jpg

That's very cool! Any idea of the manufacturer? I imagine the dragster had a "butterfly" style steering like the picture you posted? I have searched the wwwwww.interweb.whatevergooglebing and found nada zero zilch?:(

That's very cool! Any idea of the manufacturer? I imagine the dragster had a "butterfly" style steering like the picture you posted? I have searched the wwwwww.interweb.whatevergooglebing and found nada zero zilch?:(

By the way, no I don't have any idea on manufacturer of the yellow dragster that I posted earlier. After a couple of generations of kids wore it out it was completely used up!

Here are a couple other similar dragsters that I found:

1966 J.C. Penny catalog
purple dragster 1966 JCPenney book.JPG

purple dragster 1966  JCPenney  book decription.JPG

1971 Sears Catalog
1971 Sears catalog dragster image.JPG

1971 Sears catalog dragster description.JPG

Last edited:
I have never seen anything like this! It's missing the steering mechanism (I think it was some sort of caster and a steering wheel with shaft that ran through the bug catcher)? The front wheels are non functional and are shaped like that to give it a comic book (Kartoons) look? It was made by the company that also made all those plastic Santas and snowmen you used to see everywhere around the holidays! Empire Plastics Corporation
319b5347bd44d7a5eb1331384608875b.jpg
d8bc59e5a9acc5c35826e09b23180373.jpg

What an awesome find! Never seen one before.

I found it local on Letgo, they had posted a really crappy picture so I blew it up and thought I could see what looked like a pedal mechanism, the guy who sold it to me met me in a McDonald's parking lot on the wrong side of town, middle of the week around noon wearing PJ's with no shoes on probably needed a pack of smokes or something else, I gave him the 20 and hauled butt!

I have never seen anything like this! It's missing the steering mechanism (I think it was some sort of caster and a steering wheel with shaft that ran through the bug catcher)? The front wheels are non functional and are shaped like that to give it a comic book (Kartoons) look? It was made by the company that also made all those plastic Santas and snowmen you used to see everywhere around the holidays! Empire Plastics Corporation View attachment 638536View attachment 638537

Very cool! Would love to score one myself someday!

ok so I know this thread has been dead a year, but here's another Empire pedal car. I've had this one for years, never able to find much information on it. rear wheels seem to match the ones on the Dragster that started this thread.

20180723_173800.jpg

20180723_173814.jpg

20180723_173830.jpg

20180723_173851.jpg

Back