When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
IMG_0012.JPG
IMG_0010.JPG
Getting dark earlier s

Riding a bike is cheating. Nothing this good for you is supposed to be so fun.
If you ride 25 miles, you burn the same number of calories whether you ride it fast or slow (your heart does the exact same amount of work).
Work has been a rush this week, and couldn't plan a morning bike ride until this morning.
But after laying off 5 days, my reserve was up, and I was Superman.
Horribly humid, but good cloud cover made up for it.
Stopped for a banana break at Tobin Park.
A hint of sun breaking through the clouds gave me a morning star.
HFccrmU.jpg

Haven't shown my '74 International here in awhile.
OTo7p1h.jpg

pssA9GR.jpg

After blasting up the switchbacks to the highest point on the trail this morning, there were a pair of bald eagle fledges standing just beside the trail. Unfortunately, as soon as I got my phone out of my bar bag, they flew away.

Last edited:
"If you ride 25 miles, you burn the same number of calories whether you ride it fast or slow (your heart does the exact same amount of work)." As a guy known to do a little exercise this didn't sound quite right to me so I did some quick research and this is not true. Generally speaking the faster you ride the more calories you burn. Additionally after a fast ride you will continue to burn about twice as many calories that if you did a slow ride. V/r Shawn

http://cyclist.com.au/riding-faster-burn-calories/

I normally wound't dignify this, and this will be my last word on the subject.
I opened the post hoping to give the author a like for his ride and photos.
When you're riding harder, you're burning calories at a higher rate, improve your stamina and performance.
But when you're riding slower, you're burning calories at a lower rate for a longer length of time. You're still burning calories when you're coasting, because your pulse is still up (we all notice this when we stop and Begin sweating).
For the same distance, your heart does the same amount of work whether you do that distance fast or slow.
I'm still the guy to beat...

Back