When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My WWII era bicycles

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

PAValentine

Finally riding a big boys bike
Me on Bike.Farleys house in bkgrnd.jpg

My first bicycle. Purchased used during WWII. About 1944.
Huntington, West Virginia....

Three Peddlers.JPG

I'm in the middle. The kid in the front has a BRAND NEW Christmas Bike. This is around 1947.

IMG_20150725_0004a.jpg

Me and a cute little neighbor girl. This would be around 1945 or 46.

Backwater Boys.JPG

Me and a friend when the when US Rt 60 was underwater from a spring flood. Probably around 1949 or 50.

That photo of the girl riding side saddle across the bar brings back memories of kids and bikes back in the 1950s. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen any kids riding two on a bike that way since those days!

Dave

That photo of the girl riding side saddle across the bar brings back memories of kids and bikes back in the 1950s. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen any kids riding two on a bike that way since those days!

Dave
LOL....Probably because bikes seemed to have gotten a whole lot smaller since those days. Not much room for a cute little girl, two up, on a stingray!!!

Great photos, Thanks...
PAValentine - a.k.a. - "Da Playa "
So have you kept in touch with the cute neighbor girl?

Great photos, Thanks...
PAValentine - a.k.a. - "Da Playa "
So have you kept in touch with the cute neighbor girl?

Nope! Don’t what happened to her! Interstate 64 took out their house, and I lost track. [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back