When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 1941 Schwinn Lobdell Wheel Set

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Dave Stromberger

I'm Afraid I Can't Let You Do That
System Administrator
Decent set of Lobdell "flat top" rims laced to a K2 dated Morrow Coaster and Schwinn script front hub. $235 shipped in the USA.

Jerry Smith - 41 Lobdell rear-001.jpg
Jerry Smith - 41 Lobdell rear-002.jpg
Jerry Smith - 41 Lobdell rear-003.jpg
Jerry Smith - 41 Lobdell rear-004.jpg
Jerry Smith - 41 Lobdell rear-005.jpg
Jerry Smith - 41 Lobdell rear-006.jpg

Jerry Smith - 41 Lobdell front-001.jpg
Jerry Smith - 41 Lobdell front-002.jpg
Jerry Smith - 41 Lobdell front-003.jpg
Jerry Smith - 41 Lobdell front-004.jpg

Ah Ha! There it is, the Lobdell stamp/ script on the rim. I been wondering if there's any to prove em Cause China and all else, {Murray, Huffy, Columba, etc} been making copies since who knows when , and you got it right here. Muchas gracias amigo:

jerry-smith-41-lobdell-front-002-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
Most of the Lobdell rims (assuming they are Lobdell?) don't have that nice little stamp on them, but I don't think they're made in China :) Used through the post-war balloon years, then a narrower version for middleweights (Columbia, Monark, etc.).

Interesting Dave. So, nobody else happened to make the same single sheet, which was the same or close to the width of Schwinn's S-2 Tubular? And is this size, (height and width) the same as Schwinn S-2 aprox. 1-1/2" wide, or?

And, I spect that, most already know; China's been making the same single sheet type but only in aprox. 1-1/4" width for long time.

Most of the Lobdell rims (assuming they are Lobdell?) don't have that nice little stamp on them, but I don't think they're made in China :) Used through the post-war balloon years, then a narrower version for middleweights (Columbia, Monark, etc.).

Last edited:
Back