When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cutting and forming sheet metal

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Leather punch, they come in all shapes and sizes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the ballistic solution! Christmas is nearly here and if your area of the country is like mine there will be someone set up at the mall selling items cut from sheet steel, it's usually some bootleg college logos like OU or UCSC (go banana slugs) well it's a good chance he has a CNC plasma torch, take one of your mostly finished brackets and see if he can set up to replicate! And your welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The reason the Dremel bits are bouncing around is probably because of the rpm's and not holding the work steady enough. Having the work clamped in a milling machine would solve that and just nibble away at the work with small end mills. In case you don't have access to a milling machine the best advice that was previously posted here is using small files. Slow work, but the most accurate.

One small addendum - Using a Dremel grinding wheel will cut better than the router bits and they won't bounce around. Router bits designed for cutting wood don't work the best on metal.

I want to give you all an update. The bracket has been cut, bent, and routed. All the rough work was finished last night. HUGE thank you to everybody who chimed in!

Tonight, I will will drilling the three holes, and filing and sanding all the rough cuts. Lastly, I did end up re-working the first tab and I do have some marks to fill in from the hammering I did. It will painted, tonight or tomorrow morning, and J-nuts will be installed. This will be completing a green Radiobike (not mine). Thank you everyone!!!

Back