When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MOLASSES TEST

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Okay here's a preview of the progress, I still need to remove the battery tray from the light shell so the spots under the feet of the battery tray can get clean the tray is toast but I can still use the shell and lens. The rest of the rack , the top and front leg are still soaking still a couple small rust spots where the front leg and top come together around the screw hole . So is there anyone here that still doesn't believe molasses removes rust

IMG_0608.JPG

IMG_0609.JPG

IMG_0610.JPG

IMG_0598.JPG

IMG_0597.JPG

IMG_0548.JPG

IMG_0550.JPG

IMG_0549.JPG

Last edited:
Very nice. but looks oh so brittle.
A little but I'll eventually lay a piece of fiberglass on the inside of the light and then fill the all the holes with bondo or JBWeld ,sand & finish , and a little JBWeld on the hole on the edge of the rack . I just sprayed everything with clear so I could keep it from flash rusting and show the results that it really does remove ALL the rust and not just convert it to something black

Last edited:
Another candidate for the molasses. I got these in early December from Jeff@bikesnbuses knowing they were pretty toasty but believing I can save them and the price was fair and all lenses were present.
So first I tested the horn before tearing it apart and it still worked, then I soaked them for about 7 weeks now all the rust is gone except the light bottom needs another day or two. Even the chrome grill on the horn got much brighter

In5SzXlmTkq7f1UQCAg2tw.jpg

EbtESjWRSK+H39LCr42dFQ.jpg

DC2T9n2FQLCfBaUVFPBKpA.jpg

ip2BgJW3RrCXOXro+OgTSQ.jpg

MwIg%pC1R2ms+Tj5DAjVdg.jpg

fullsizeoutput_8ca.jpeg

tH2xQy00TaaBwrFtBMO8XA.jpg

GkxzQtEGRfuvYkEr1AZQjA.jpg

eYBMgbSQRBu%9V%kFbcJEQ.jpg

a5Uq0QNoSBu3SPp3lNQzdg.jpg

D7VIwcrMQiyTMQ0eS9IJLA.jpg

8txQxxmmQ8adW9ToVDCclQ.jpg