When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Elgin Robin Horn Tank

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

5760rj

I live for the CABE
Information and Photos, hoping to connect with a Cabe member that owns a Elgin Robin to ask about design and see photos up close on the workman ship of the horn tank, and it's construction, thanks....

I
Information and Photos, hoping to connect with a Cabe member that owns a Elgin Robin to ask about design and see photos up close on the workman ship of the horn tank, and it's construction, thanks....
I’m also interesting , on this information and photos

Here are the pics and info I sent 5760rj. Concerning the construction the tank is stamped steel just like any other bike tank. There is no framework inside it. As shown in the picks the tank has a hinged door that opens and contains the horn button and light switch. There is no horn in the tank. For both Robins and Skylarks the horn is under the light housing which is why they are vented. I am going to take measurements this weekend and will post here. The easiest way to replicate this tank is fiberglass. Of course you really need an original tank to do this. I believe @JAF/CO has done these and his work is second to none. If you intend to make this out of metal you will need some mad metalworking skills because this is complex. V/r Shawn

$T2eC16NHJH8E9qSEU5yBBRUcyTKdu!~~60_57.jpg
DSC_1166.JPG
IMG_0071 (2).jpg

Ok the dimensions that were asked for are 24" overall length measured from the center of the tail to the center of the nose, approx 13" circumference where nose and body meet, and nose length measured from center seam at front of nose to body approx 7 7/8". That's the best I can do without removing the tank. I'm not sure how much measurements will really help though. The "ELGIN" is embossed and you really need a tank to make a mold from to get that as well as the correct definition of the 'flutes'. V/r Shawn

Ok the dimensions that were asked for are 24" overall length measured from the center of the tail to the center of the nose, approx 13" circumference where nose and body meet, and nose length measured from center seam at front of nose to body approx 7 7/8". That's the best I can do without removing the tank. I'm not sure how much measurements will really help though. The "ELGIN" is embossed and you really need a tank to make a mold from to get that as well as the correct definition of the 'flutes'. V/r Shawn

thanks, this really helps and will be incorporated into the over all set up...........

Here are the pics and info I sent 5760rj. Concerning the construction the tank is stamped steel just like any other bike tank. There is no framework inside it. As shown in the picks the tank has a hinged door that opens and contains the horn button and light switch. There is no horn in the tank. For both Robins and Skylarks the horn is under the light housing which is why they are vented. I am going to take measurements this weekend and will post here. The easiest way to replicate this tank is fiberglass. Of course you really need an original tank to do this. I believe @JAF/CO has done these and his work is second to none. If you intend to make this out of metal you will need some mad metalworking skills because this is complex. V/r Shawn

View attachment 724816 View attachment 724817 View attachment 724818
Thanks for the Help
Happy Holidays

Back