When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1891? Rambler Project

-

bricycle

I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!
Thought I had started a project thread on this already, but can't locate it.
Any hoo, I have the front saddle springs finished, and just got my rear 30" wheel back from being laced.
Bill Warwood does awesome work! I was gonna re-plate the plated Items, but then I figured, it would lose it's personality, so everything is gonna stay "As Found". Hoping to do the front 26" wheel over the New Year Weekend.
Getting the rear cog off was a real pain as I understand. Glad I had the professionals attack it, as I may have messed it up.
Here's pics of the rear hub and cog (widest I've seen), and associated hardware also 30" wheel strung by Bill Warwood. Next is the all wood front 26" wheel and hub I cleaned, greased and re-string (short enough spokes for the project). Was a 1906-7 Musselman wheel.
bri.
DSC06540.JPG
DSC06541.JPG
DSC06542.JPG
DSC06548.JPG
DSC06549.JPG
DSC06550.JPG
DSC06546.JPG
DSC06545.JPG
DSC06544.JPG
DSC06543.JPG
DSC06547.JPG
DSC06055.JPG

Last edited:
pics added. (boy these two hubs were frozen up, ok, screws on rear cog...rest of rear was already apart.);)

Well, I'm nearly complete, so I'll be posting photos soon.
Mounted the wheels, all assembled (only two bolts left over)lol. Have chain left to add first. 50% of the links were already loosened up, I did the last half. (hard work). One links one side plate was cracked (not by me thank Gawd), so I welded it up. Overall finish is a bit crusty, but I think I'll leave it as is (patina).

Back