When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Truss Frame Pierce

-

Dave Stromberger

I'm Afraid I Can't Let You Do That
System Administrator
Snagged this 'ole boy today. It's had a hard life, but I can fix it! A true "barn find" purchaced from the original owners daughter.

In searching around here and via Google and Bing Images, I've only found a photo of ONE other truss frame Pierce. It's illustrated in the catalogs of course, but real-life bikes seem to be pretty scarce. If you have one, post pics!

20180113_133422.jpg

20180113_142923.jpg

20180113_144640.jpg

20180113_144739.jpg

That is one interesting looking truss frame bike, and just the way I like to see them...............................right out of the barn ! Pete in Fitchburg

Snagged this 'ole boy today. It's had a hard life, but I can fix it! A true "barn find" purchaced from the original owners daughter.

In searching around here and via Google and Bing Images, I've only found a photo of ONE other truss frame Pierce. It's illustrated in the catalogs of course, but real-life bikes seem to be pretty scarce. If you have one, post pics!

View attachment 737405
View attachment 737406

View attachment 737407

View attachment 737408

I have long suspected that my sprocket was a Pierce and now I know that it is , thank you for the post ..Tom

IMG_8842.JPG

IMG_8843.JPG

Thanks all! I cleaned off the Morrow hub shell and found D3 date code... 1934! Pretty late for a Pierce, and a 28" wheel one at that! That is, assuming the wheel was original to the bike. '34 matches the Persons bucket saddle and I think those Persons "double bubble" pedals too?

Thanks all! I cleaned off the Morrow hub shell and found D3 date code... 1934! Pretty late for a Pierce, and a 28" wheel one at that! That is, assuming the wheel was original to the bike. '34 matches the Persons bucket saddle and I think those Persons "double bubble" pedals too?

This is the Badge you will be searching for , Pierce Angola after 1918..Tom

IMG_8847.JPG

IMG_8848.JPG

IMG_8849.JPG

IMG_8850.JPG

Back