When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1950 Panther rat klunker

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
View attachment 736349
View attachment 736350

Oh yeah, that’s a cool Panther klunk you’re building. Here’s some inspiration.
Thank you! Your bike looks very nice too. Well, that makes me feel a lot better. While I don’t care for the look of tanks and fenders on any of my bikes, chainguards are a must if possible. I sure hope mine fits, although I may go to the smaller style like yours has. I figured it would offer more clearance, a little less weight and look better on a stripped down bike. Waiting on my sprocket in the mail, then I can get the cranks in this weekend and I’ll be able to see if the guard is going to work. In the meantime, I cut 2” off of each side of my new handlebars, mounted them to an old SR stem and put some of my favorite AME grips on it last night. Feels perfect now!

F87DE167-C68C-457A-9ADE-C5E545890CE6.jpeg

Today’s profress was black alloy wheels and knobby duro tires. I’m really liking how this bike is looking. I’m thinking about swapping the forks if I can find a painted pair and powdercoating them and the bars satin black. Can’t make up my mind tho.

E8ADC8B1-A9AD-47DA-B104-3E21447D5A2C.jpeg

8712ADED-1736-446C-B909-F5BABAD97F90.jpeg

Well, I got the cranks installed today. I really wanted to take it for a ride, so I shortened a chain, borrowed the Brooks cambium seat I ordered for my other project bike and took this baby for a late night spin. I love this bike! It’s so tight and solid. I am really impressed by how well it rides. I have never ridden on 3pc cranks, and you can really feel the difference. Being a 225 pound guy, it feels nice not having the cranks flex when you are coasting standing up. Needs a few more little touches, bus basically it’s done.

F73C7A8A-06AA-45F5-BEEF-ED16615036E0.jpeg

9539EBA9-6583-447D-818B-5894091F956D.jpeg

Looks great! Nice you can ride in January, we just got a load of snow in Chicago

Wondering how you fit the new cranks & sprocket to the old frame. Did you use the original Schwinn bottom bracket and cups or did the cranks come with new bb?

Looks great! Nice you can ride in January, we just got a load of snow in Chicago

Wondering how you fit the new cranks & sprocket to the old frame. Did you use the original Schwinn bottom bracket and cups or did the cranks come with new bb?
Thank you, I rode it to work yesterday and it rides great. They sell a bottom bracket set that must be used with the three piece cranks. It has sealed bearings and new cups. It presses into the frame just like the original ones did. It’s unbelievable how much diffeeent it feels pedaling those lighter weight, yet more solid cranks. Doesn’t mean I like my original stuff any less, just a totally different feel.

Back