When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1942 Huffman Military Bike in rare form

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Bill leave this beauty in her current state. She is unique and looks great.

All the Best,

Boz

I probably have a spare reflector sitting around for it.

All the Best,

Boz

Last edited:
I probably have a spare reflector sitting around for it.

All the Best,

Boz

Hi Boz,

Thank you for the advice, which I will follow, and for your nice comments. As for the reflector, if you look at the 7th and last photo that I took of the rear portion of the bike you will see that I attached the rear reflector to the right side wheel axle using a bracket that I made. The rear fender where the reflector normally would be positioned has USAF in yellow chromate painted across it, which would have been partially hidden by the reflector. I placed a round head screw in the reflector hole. Evidently when the Strata blue was originally applied and the yellow chromate stencils placed a rear reflector was not used or at least in it's usual location.

Regards, Bill

Bill,

Looks great! Now I see what you did. Keep it just the way you have it!

Boz

Just came across your thread. Love your bike. I inherited a 38 huffman frame with military hubs, rims, saddle and tool bag with what looks to be the same blue painted over OD. Toyed with the idea of stripping the blue off because I want to build a historically accurate G519 but now am not so sure.... Anyways, just thought it was an interesting coincidence.
John Richardson - WW2 Huffman-013.jpg
John Richardson - WW2 Huffman-009.jpg

Just came across your thread. Love your bike. I inherited a 38 huffman frame with military hubs, rims, saddle and tool bag with what looks to be the same blue painted over OD. Toyed with the idea of stripping the blue off because I want to build a historically accurate G519 but now am not so sure.... Anyways, just thought it was an interesting coincidence.View attachment 739160 View attachment 739161

Looks like you may also have one of the original Military wood block Torrington 8 pedals on the right side if I am looking at it correctly. Nice bike.

Regards,
Bill

Looks like you may also have one of the original Military wood block Torrington 8 pedals on the right side if I am looking at it correctly. Nice bike.

Regards,
Bill
Thanks. Yeah I love it. Just wish I knew its history. Even the frame is od under the blue. Weird for a 38 frame. You’re correct on the pedal. Just need to find the other one

Back