When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold Bowden Spacelander Reproduction

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Monovelo

'Lil Knee Scuffer
For sale is a wonderful white Bowden reproduction in Los Angeles, only pick up.
Price US $ 5.900.
Please send a private message to me if interested.

Bowden 2.jpg

Bowden 1.jpg

Last edited:
Reproductions have an internal frame under the fiberglass cover while the originals have just the fiberglass frame. That is the main difference. To my knowledge the reproductions were produced 1987till about 200? by John Howland and Mike Kaplan. About 160 pieces were reproduced.
Source: https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-vintage/126523-questions-bowden-spacelander-owners-fans.html

I was finally able to buy the white Bowden repop which Freqman1 mentioned together with another Bowden repop. One was transported to Switzerland (yes I live there) and if the transport would cost less I would also transport this one to Switzerland. The Bowden is stored in Malibu so I was not able to take photographs and used the pictures already used. Thanks for asking.

I think that was a good deal/score at $2400, I would have done that, but $6900 is quite the increase in a year. I don't like reproduction anything but I think this is an exception, it probably rides better then the original considering it has a frame, but still maybe a turd because of weight.....
What's the word @oskisan & @Monovelo, how does it ride?

I think that was a good deal/score at $2400, I would have done that, but $6900 is quite the increase in a year. I don't like reproduction anything but I think this is an exception, it probably rides better then the original considering it has a frame, but still maybe a turd because of weight.....
What's the word @oskisan & @Monovelo, how does it ride?

I would do $2,400 for it too...:cool:

Back