When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

-
thumbnail_20180120_172749-01.jpg

I'm a little jealous of all the people who live in parts of the country with nicer weather.

The snow in chicagoland is once again on its way out. Depending on weather I may be able to get out for a ride tomorrow.

For the winter, I set up one of these in my tv room, and try to put in a little time spinning the wheel to help maintain my conditioning, but it not as fun as the reel thing.

1967_schwinn_exerciser.jpg

Are there any virtual reality bike programs with those goofy googles yet?

Lol. I just checked and there is.
https://www.cycleops.com/post/blog-15-ride-in-the-virtual-tour-de-france-peloton

Last edited:
Ride with my son through the rural cemetery today...bikes ‘n cemeteries...hmmm...new thread topic?

View attachment 740857

View attachment 740858

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in, back in September I posted this ride:

"Wow, I snapped one photo in a cemetery, it was too dark to see. But when I got home I was able to read the grave stone captured in the photo. I think my junior high was named after this fellow. What are the chances? "Henry Puffer Junior High located about a mile away" Pretty Cool!"

After the chance photo I sent the pictures to my siblings who went to the same school.

Both of the responded with something like: "Weirdo, what are you doing in commentaries?"

I made a joke out of it with my response, and told them "I was looking for jewelry" ...........Honestly. It was just on my way home, and the it looked like a nice smooth loop to extend my ride!

2-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
With the nice warm Chicago area weather the last couple days, I was able to sneak in a winter ride on my new Miyata. This was pretty much a pump up the tires and go ride, as I have not done any work on this one yet other than replacing the saddle and pedals.

Not a single other person was on the bike path, It was nice having it all to myself.

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG

Back