When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not a bike but a VW bus

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
IMG_6218.PNG
make a great bike getter if it wouldn't cost a fortune to get rolling! :)

Dude there's something magical about your first VW bus! Mine was a 1965 Sundial camper in highschool. To this very day I wish I still had it! VW bugs and buses are getting harder and harder to find at reasonable prices just like our wonderful bikes. It's a great deal, but be aware there's tons of hours of rust repair, but it's all worth it in the end. I am currently three years in on a 1957 VW oval window project. VWs are addicting as Schwinns!

You would have $10K in rust repair.
The roof repair would also be costly.
Yes they are getting hard to find but the cost of restoring one of these has also gone through the roof.
$10 in rust repair, $5k in other body repair, $10-$15k in paint, $10k in interior.
My brother has restored several of these. He currently has a 1967 double door that all body work has been 100% completely finished, in primer ready for paint.
He is asking $20k for it.

If you have the mechanical, metal working and welding skill to bring that one back to life, Id say go for it at that price. I would try to get it a bit cheaper though.

If you lack the skills above, I would probably pass on it.

A proper restoration will cost you a ton with a bus in this condition. It pretty much needs everything and it's not really a top shelf model as in deluxe Micro Bus, SO23, Barndoor Etc. so the resale value would be limited and wont command 100K + as others do.

Basically, its a money pit..

Pass on it.There are a lot of VW and Bay window sites on FB.One good one is in CHicago.Also go to the "Samba" and see whats there.Bay windows are affordable and really ride much nicer than split window buses.

Dude there's something magical about your first VW bus! Mine was a 1965 Sundial camper in highschool. To this very day I wish I still had it! VW bugs and buses are getting harder and harder to find at reasonable prices just like our wonderful bikes. It's a great deal, but be aware there's tons of hours of rust repair, but it's all worth it in the end. I am currently three years in on a 1957 VW oval window project. VWs are addicting as Schwinns!
Right ! How deep are your pockets or how great are your mechanical skills.

I've had 3 of those VW buses before, a 1957 single cab pick up with semaphores (European model), another single cab pick up, 1965 and a 1954 panel bus. They were all really fun to drive. Too bad I sold them long time ago...:(

Back