When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Columbia Pope Chainless model 65 (1890 - 1900?)

-

jaidecker

On Training Wheels
View attachment 757015 Hello everyone,

i have a Columbia Pope Chainless Model 65 (1989?) that i have had in my living room for about 10 years and it is time to do some research before i decide to either have it restored or sell it to a loving home. Here are a few pics for you guys to checkout and would love to both know more about it and how much is it worth.

I also have a parts box with the original
IMG_3579.JPG
IMG_3580.JPG
IMG_3581.JPG
IMG_3582.JPG
IMG_3583.JPG
IMG_3584.JPG
IMG_3585.JPG
IMG_3586.JPG
IMG_3587.JPG
IMG_3588.JPG
IMG_3589.JPG
IMG_3590.JPG
IMG_3591.JPG
seat and driveshaft cup

Thanks!

Jai

Last edited:
Messing with it will reduce the value- just find another tire to match the front and the same seat with a good cover and you are done!

Nice I like it... i has the wrong pedals and rear hub has been changed. should look like the front with ball end spokes.. very hard to find. It needs a original seat and the paint looks to be resprayed at one time. That’s it on I’d leave it alone..

Really, really nice bike. Good luck w/ it. I agree w/ all of the previous comments. As far as actual year of the bike, I believe that "the American bicycle company" was only in existence from 1900 to1901, or thereabouts.

Really, really nice bike. Good luck w/ it. I agree w/ all of the previous comments. As far as actual year of the bike, I believe that "the American bicycle company" was only in existence from 1900 to1901, or thereabouts.
Actually, 1899

Back