When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

4 Gill Speed King

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
One person on the CABE that I am always impressed by his projects, be it original cleaned or full restoration, is Howard.
This time he is doing one that is near and dear to me. I cannot wait to see this gorgeous bike when completed.
Keep up the very fine work!

I can't wait to see it completed Howard. I restore some and I keep others original. That's what makes it fun... I do need to buy the correct seat for my 39 Hawthorne. I'm currently performing complete restoration on the bottom two rust buckets. Two at the same time keep me busy and broke. Have fun. JimRoy
FullSizeRender-9.jpg
FullSizeRender-4.jpg
IMG_20171225_104352.jpg
2017-12-17_16-55-02_380_kindlephoto-248862307.jpg
FullSizeRender-13.jpg
IMG_9028.JPG

FullSizeRender-12.jpg

The chrome on this 4 Gill was pretty much gone. The seat chassis had no paint left, just rust. The painted surfaces had a texture akin to 80 grit sandpaper, caused by rust peppering up thru the paint. The pictures looked better than the bike did in person.
I own plenty of original finish bikes. I love them because it takes a fraction of the time to clean, wax & service, compared to a full restoration. It also takes no money!
I made a living for 35 years restoring everything from cars to furniture. I trust my own judgement over most others in deciding what course of action to take when beginning a project. If a bike isn't a 6++, I'm going to restore it.
This 4 Gill will be a fine example when finished, and I'll bet that given a chance to choose between a rusted, "oiled" bike, or my restored example, even a blind man would pick the restored.
Hi Howard. We are great at what we do. When I get a new project, I can see the finished product before I lay the first wrench on it - I bet you can too. Weather we choose to perform a preservation or complete restoration, is keeps us off the couch! JimRoy

Back