When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why Not? A Swapmeet/Bike Show in SoCal

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Jrodarod

I live for the CABE
So, a buddy and I were thinking... Why can all these east coasters have bike shows with swaps and we don't? We have the pretty bikes that don't hibernate in the winter, we have the weather, and everyone wants to come to SoCal in the summer.. I want to open up a parking lot to have this happen in LA. I need your thoughts and help to make this possible. I'm thinking Fathers Day 2018, tell the wife and kids you want to go show-off your bike and buy/sell some parts?? Morning 8am-1pm. Swap setup must be done by 7:30am and bike show lock-up from 9am-12pm. I am attaching a map of the lot. I will measure it tomorrow. You civil engineers my already know the size by looking at it. Red lines is the fence line, Red angled lines are the gates, White is the bike display area, Blue is the swap spaces (Unload and Park your car outside, Just like The Pike) and orange is the path to the restroom. Please chime in with suggestions. Also, I will need volunteers to help make this happen. Location is off the 5 and Broadway near China Town , right off the freeway. Plenty of street parking.

Parking Lot SVDP_LI (2).jpg

Parking Lot SVDP.PNG

This is how I picture it. Small venue, not too many participants, a bunch of cool bikes on display ( not to be judged but to show off your ride) great mix of young kids and old farts (40 and over are considered old to most 20somethings, I saw this mix at the Stingray Ride.) centrally located in LosAngeles. But the key here will be that it will be FREE.

I like the idea and it's been discussed before. My thoughts-
  • Schedule it somewhere in the middle of the Cyclone Coaster Pike swap meets (May/October) meaning say late July or early August (this would encourage more participation)
  • I would make sure not to schedule it on the same day as the Long Beach cycle meet (this would encourage more participation)
  • Find a large central location between Orange County and LA County (free if possible)
Ideally it would be nice to find a free, centrally located, large venue, plenty of parking, early start time (before daylight) not an issue and the end time go through at least noon. I know we live in So. Cal and this is a BIG wish list...Hats off to you for getting the ball rolling...

I like the idea and it's been discussed before. My thoughts-
  • Schedule it somewhere in the middle of the Cyclone Coaster Pike swap meets (May/October) meaning say late July or early August (this would encourage more participation)
  • I would make sure not to schedule it on the same day as the Long Beach cycle meet (this would encourage more participation)
  • Find a large central location between Orange County and LA County (free if possible)
Ideally it would be nice to find a free, centrally located, large venue, plenty of parking, early start time (before daylight) not an issue and the end time go through at least noon. I know we live in So. Cal and this is a BIG wish list...Hats off to you for getting the ball rolling...
X2

Back