When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday's Show and Tell...4/22/18

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Just a strong absentee bid. Not sure how it went down in the room. Was curious how absentee bids we're going to lace in with all other bidding.
Well I wasn't there but watching it on Auctionzip it opened and ended with your bid. That's the same exact way Marty got his Huffman a few years back. I looked at their absentee bid terms and conditions and that's not how an absentee bid is supposed to work:
2) All bids are executed as competitively as possible. The item(s) will not necessarily sell for the absentee bid price, but will sell one increment over the last bid. 3) In the event of tie absentee bids, the first bid received will take precedence.

I'm sure, just like with Marty's Huffman, there will be people who will regret not getting in on the bidding now, but that's still a shady way to conduct an auction if that is in fact how it went down. Again, I wasn't there so I can't say for sure.

but that's still a shady way to conduct an auction if that is in fact how it went down. Again, I wasn't there so I can't say for sure.
I am not sure what is so shady, they (Copake) seem to operate in a completely fair manner. I left 5 absentee bids, none started at my high bid. What seems to have happened in this case is:
One person left an absentee of $3,750 and Chad left an absentee of $4,000 (or more) so the bidding automatically started at $4,000. If two people left the exact same absentee of $4,000 then the bidding will still start at $4,000 with the earliest placed bid taking preference.

Another possibility that would start the bidding at $4,000 is if an absentee bid is left and there is a reserve. So if the bike had a reserve of $4,000 and some left a bid of $4,000+ bidding would automatically start at the $4,000.

Last edited:
Got a nos delta inertia light,nos ludwig badge and some handle bars and a seat at copake.
CDCBF828-684E-4BC9-A69F-00C3291E132C.jpeg
DFDC85AF-D103-4876-B282-AFBCB2A78A8F.jpeg
CB79321B-47C9-4F82-B54E-7E2DFB905733.jpeg
1C2B01FA-D4BF-487F-946B-E787E54E0C77.jpeg

D1115956-7B59-4DBA-9974-0A2266ACC111.jpeg
569B1E70-150D-4C44-86E7-41AF44BF7F09.jpeg
01C5BE10-1122-4D30-A734-1EE3CA70C3EB.jpeg
27B01121-A745-4371-8C60-1B07490013E2.jpeg
5D9575A5-88C8-4CAA-81C6-61AFE88AFF19.jpeg
Picked this up at Copake. I've been kind of wanting a tandem, but not actively looking for one. Both my wife & I really like the look of the 38 or so Colson, & she likes tandems,(more than I). The price was more than right on this one, and all the parts made of unobtainium are there, so here we go, off on another project. The seller, who was really nice guy, and @bikejunk ,confirmed that it is a circa 1897 Crescent model 25. Looks to have been painted blue before the red, I'm assuming that it was originally black? I think it has some really cool design features. It's going to be interesting riding a two person fixie. Picked up some other goodies & left w/ less than I came with, a great day.

View attachment 793107

View attachment 793108

View attachment 793109

View attachment 793110

View attachment 793111

View attachment 793112

There are badge emblems on eBay, right now.
Fun project and will be rare and beautiful, when finished. Black and olive green were standard colors and I imagine that there were custom ordered colors....

Well I wasn't there but watching it on Auctionzip it opened and ended with your bid. That's the same exact way Marty got his Huffman a few years back. I looked at their absentee bid terms and conditions and that's not how an absentee bid is supposed to work:
2) All bids are executed as competitively as possible. The item(s) will not necessarily sell for the absentee bid price, but will sell one increment over the last bid. 3) In the event of tie absentee bids, the first bid received will take precedence.

I'm sure, just like with Marty's Huffman, there will be people who will regret not getting in on the bidding now, but that's still a shady way to conduct an auction if that is in fact how it went down. Again, I wasn't there so I can't say for sure.
I'm not sure how they did it either. I left an absentee bid of $1000 on the girls TF and it started at $350. Luckily I just happen to log in as that lot went up and I bid online to win it. V/r Shawn

I purchased this uber rare early non switch 37 RMS tail light and a riser/cathedral stem.

Thanks to Jerry Berg for making them available to me.

I need the bottom wedge piece and bolt. Same as the ones used on the Wald #3, so if anyone has one for sale..........
DSC00149.JPG
DSC00148.JPG

Back