When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Old Skateboard

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

PCHiggin

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
FF3D5339-7945-48DA-9AEC-3BC8153F63B0.jpeg
2CC1C089-C252-4C54-932E-C09E8999AA20.jpeg
9DF4D7C7-B318-48A5-AAA3-32AFDE0C5487.jpeg
05CDEABD-6F13-4168-AC04-22441D9F6861.jpeg
Hi, Can anybody tell me anything about this? Maybe when it was made,or if it was homemadeThe trucks are unmarked.Thanks

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if it was "factory made". Back in the day I worked at a WT Grant Store (only us old farts remember that chain) and we received a shipment of boards that looked similar only with graphics. In use the graphics disappeared quickly.

I was a stock boy (do they still have them) and we arrived before the store opened and delivered merchandise to the various departments in the store. When the boards came in we had a great time "sidewalk surfin" the aisles before the managers arrived.

I'm sure that today some government agency would outlaw them....hit a pebble, an expansion joint in the sidewalk, or twig and it was wipeout big time. Lots of broken ankles, legs, wrists,and arms. Ah...the good old days.

I have a Tenderfoot board that looks a lot like yours and I read somewhere that they were the first national marketed skateboard. No sure if this is true cause I'm no expert, but it's easy to imagine that many built their own boards while their sisters wondered what happened to their roller skates.

Board is for sale if anyone interested, send me a pm.

1sb.jpg
Tenderfoot bot.jpg

Thanks Morton,They are similar,especially the trucks. Do you know about when yours was made? Thanks again.

Back in the day I worked at a WT Grant Store (only us old farts remember that chain)

{sigh...} Guess I have to admit to being old now. I remember the W.T. Grant Store on W. Lexington St. in downtown Baltimore when I was growing up.

Interesting skateboard btw...

Dave

I'd say that was sold around the time the adjustable Super Skates were the rage. I had a pair of those and then got my first new to the world store bought skateboard with the metal wheels. It didn't last, cheap, and my next board had the wide hard poly type wheels with the new type skateboard trucks. Trying to pin point the year but I'm thinking 1962-63.

Back