When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monark

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
That guy don't sound happy I bet you can get it for a lot less ha ha ha ha ha ha

00808_hmf33SLpHeY_1200x900.jpg

I built this stupid bike over a year ago for some stupid guy who wanted a stupid lime green bike.

Then he flaked.

So I've been stuck with this ugly-ass bike taking up valuable space in my garage and I'm sick of moving it every time I need to work on less ugly-ass bikes.

It's a '50's Monark Rocket. It rides like new. Or, better than new, if by "new," you're thinking of a Walmart Huffy.

It's all custom. Custom paint, custom parts. Custom ugliness.

The wheels are drop center rims, new stainless spokes, and a rare, Bendix two speed manual coaster brake in the rear.

I made a custom jockey shift, because I didn't have the handlebar shifter. So you reach down past your nuts and shift it. Two gears!

The front hub is a JOS drum brake, made in Norway. It's got a vintage locking lever.

Both hubs are painted orange, because the chrome was wasted.

New Duro cream tires, with custom orange racing stripe.

Dogleg cranks, vintage stem and bars.

I handmade the chainguard. Why? Because I can, that's why.

Everything was sandblasted prior to painting, so it's ugliness will last a long time.

Perfect bike to ride while wearing a crossing guard vest.

Despite it's overly-flamboyant looks, most people seem to dig it. Just not enough to buy it, apparently.

There's gotta be someone special out there who wants this monstrosity, so shoot me an email, and get it the hell out of my life.

$350 obo. Maybe I'll trade for a moped project or something.

I can't get rid of this stupid bike. It's friggen cool, rides great, and I can't drop the price without giving it away.

I'm about ready to strip it down, paint it red and black "rat rod" style, or just leave it outside till some tweeker steals it.

2DB9535B-239E-4A38-AEE0-75C22BE026EE.jpeg
4D116B73-E783-4292-94C0-83681E6D4651.jpeg
This bike is perfect for my buddy Mike! His colors! He held the speed record on a skateboard back in the day, I’ll show it to him

If my office mate didn't already have a stable of custom road, townie and mountain bikes it would be perfect for him. He's color blind and that bike would be a cool two tone beige and brown bike to him.:D

Back