When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold trade for prewar schwinn collection-porsche 356a

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
Zipcode
hi-if you have interest in a 1959 Porsche 356a and thought it might be out of reach-think again-it could be a trade item for a prewar Schwinn collection. please-no parts piles or incompletes needing a whole lot of tlc! this car has been rebuilt-motor-trans-frontend-brakes to 64 disc all 4wheels-gauges sent out-all electrics working-manual-original tool kit etc. can send more pictures upon request. looking for high end prewar schwinns only-no postwar or non-Schwinn bikes. things like Schwinn-n.d-morrow tool boxes count also. in addition to bikes I would consider some tanks-speedo crossbars-floating saddles along side as trade items. just don't want piles of growdy fenders-wheels-goosenecks-seats! looking for nice complete bikes. if you've thought about going in another investment direction or burned out on bikes-consider this very solid investment car!

View attachment 760797
Is it Metel . And how about posting some history

yes this is 'metal'. it is an original 356a Porsche-not a fiberglass reproduction. I received no history of the car when I bought it. I have gone thru all the electrical and mechanical aspects of the car. hop on your bicycle and come take a look! you'll like it!

Numbers matching, any metal replaced, who/where was it restored, any reproduction aftermarket parts used in it's restoration?

It is a beautiful looking car from the one picture that you provided. Personally, If it were my car, I would not trade it for any bike collection.

I say put a price on it, sell it to a discerning Porsche collector and hand pick all the bikes you want to buy.

The Samba.com may be a better forum to sell outright.

Last edited:
all original metal-no replaced panels etc. engine is a 1962. please note it has 64/5 disc brake setup also-for safety-enjoyment. repaint is more correct word than restored and that done at least 20 years ago. selling on the samba has crossed my mind-but here on the cabe the lure is a trade-not everyone has 100k laying around. but there individuals with huge collections that could come up with a bunch of bikes. high end prewar bikes are same as good money!

Good luck with the trade or sale. You have a great looking 356a one which I would trade for if I was a prewar Schwinn collector.

Last edited:
No doubt it is a good looking driver. One thing you might want too know however is in the bike collecting world Schwinn is like Chevrolet. Great quality but also great numbers of them. This many years away from 82 the prewars are getting harder too find but the smaller number production others are even harder too find and in the case of rarer equals higher value in general I would not ignore the others! Just because everyone knows or thinks that all classic bikes are Schwinns because of marketing does not mean an old Shelby is less quality or less value. Good luck with the sale from an other air cooled head guy.

totally agree sue12! I like elgin, silverking's and prewar Columbia also. Shelby's have some of the wildest designs. but for me-its the old bread and butter prewar Schwinn.

Back