When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RUDGE time once again...yes, another one!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

HARPO

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
This is starting to get a little out of control, lol. I don't know if these bikes are finding me or I'm finding them.

The attached photos are two from the ebay listing. I'll see when I go to pick it up (hopefully today out on Long Island) whether it's in good shape or not, but at the very least it has a lot of useful parts on it.
Judging from the saddle alone it appears to be from sometime in the 50's, and the headlight was what drew me to the bike in the first place. Has the lovely Rudge hand crank also.

More to come... ;)

s-l1600-4.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

Well, bike turned out to be in better shape than I thought...and the headlight works! haven't tried out the gears yet, but I now know it's from 1955 (marked on the hub).

It didn't take to long to find another project (aye carumba!), so I know boredom will not be hitting me anytime soon.

Attached are a bunch of my "as purchased" photos. Oh, yeah as far as price...$65...:D

IMG_3315.JPG
IMG_3316.JPG
IMG_3317.JPG
IMG_3318.JPG
IMG_3319.JPG
IMG_3320.JPG
IMG_3321.JPG
IMG_3322.JPG
IMG_3323.JPG

Nice looking Rudge. I like the color, plus you got a working dyno hub. Worth more than you paid IMO.

As I'm now working on the paint, it's a bit obvious that this bike was cared for. Considering it's 65 years old, it's in great shape...and boy does this English paint shine up! A light polishing compound brought back sections to brand new, feeling as smooth as silk and almost looking wet. Can't wait till the final polishing and waxing go on. :)

BTW...the brooks seat apparently wasn't conditioned over the years. Although pliable, it's dry. I've been using a lot of leather conditioner on it, which is now starting to make it feel less like the scales on a fish and soften it up. No, it won't bring it back/heal it (after all, this was once an animal hide), but it will look and feel a lot better. :rolleyes:

IMHO...Raleigh and Schwinn had the best chrome. Period.

As I'm using WD-40 and 0000 steel wool on the chrome, especially the rims, I'm seeing it coming back to look like brand new. Unreal! You can comb your hair in it...and I haven't even applied the polish to it. Worth the 120 mile round trip! :D

Back