When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Prewar Hockey Stick Question

-

tuscankid

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I have a Prewar Schwinn Hockey Stick chainguard and just curious, as, I have read about them being called a double diamond.
What does that mean and how would you know the difference if there is any.
Thanks,
Steve

Hockey Stick Gaurd

There are two main versions of the Schwinn hockey stick guard, both are non adjustable and fit different year frames. If one is being referred to as a double diamond, they are saying it fits the "1935" double diamond frame. I think this one also fits the straight down tube 1936 version frame.

The other non adjustable version fits the curved down tube frame.

There was at least one adjustable hockey stick guard that Schwinn used primarily on their Chicago Cycle Supply bicycles.

There is also a Monark version that is not correct for Schwinn.

Experts will correct me if I'm wrong.

prewar hockey stick chainguard

from the rear view, the top edge on the silver king guard does not curve around like the schwinn guard does.

The hockey stick chainguard, does not fit the curved tube frame.
Thank you guys for answering my question.
Steve

I have questions about this chainguard. The 36 hockey stick. Can the girls version fit the boys straight down tube bike? Or must the mount be moved higher up. As I had to relocate the mount on both my 36 roadmaster + my 38 colson(wing" guard. To fit straight downtube. I have heard girls mount has larger dia. Clamp. ANY info would be helpful

Thanks for trying. @jacob9795
You’re welcome..
giphy.gif

This is what I bought/ minus about 6or more coats of paint. I have a clamp.But I was told its off girls bike. Soaked it in metal rescue a couple hours. Thought I saw some shine like old chrome. Probably wishful thinking

Back