When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Creaky noise???

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Were the cones in the BB also replaced? Worn sprockets and chain will make a noise but not sure if that's your issue. Putting a new chain on worn out sprockets will also make a noise.
Yeah, new cones, berrings & cups.

8B56099A-9AA6-404A-988C-A7255EEB60FF.jpeg
19127A63-1656-472D-8354-92E785F9B66F.jpeg
I think I figured it out! I had it upside down and I was pedaling with my hand on the tire to cause tension and I could see the chain slipping on the rear cog. It was making the noise, not as loud but I believe it was the same noise!
That rear cod has seen a few miles, huh?

Last edited:
Looks pretty toasted to me. Cats claw teeth. I had a chain ring were the teeth went to sharp point, looked like sharks teeth.
Here's what one looks like new.

s-l1600.jpg

8D6EAF4F-7A5F-4979-8DD8-575B649338F5.jpeg
CBC0B64F-BCFB-46FF-BD5E-84E8AB268430.jpeg
Picked this up at the local bike shop today. $10. So do I take the cog off and put it on the Morrow? Or build this one out?

i had a noise like that once , replaced all the same components that you described, still did it too, turned out to be a brazed joint came loose , might check for cracks !

Use the ND and throw the morrow in the trash
I was thinking the same thing. I don’t know about trashing the Morrow tho. I just paid to have it rebuilt! Maybe I can trade it for something cool.
(Opps, I had connectivity issue and hiccuped.)

Last edited:
Back