When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A picture speaks a thousand words Lets see your vintage mountainbikes.

-
Here is my fleet of machines.. '50s Columbia (S/N# R851560?), '90s Marin Bobcat Trail. Surly 2016 Ogre 29ner, 2015 Surly Pugsy fat bike.

Columbia.jpeg

Marin.jpeg

Ogre.jpeg

Pug.jpeg

My Vintage Stumpjumper. This bike is for sale... PM me if you are interested.

Attachments

• IMG_2233.jpg
    IMG_2233.jpg
    645.5 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_2234 (1).jpg
    IMG_2234 (1).jpg
    450.8 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_2235.jpg
    IMG_2235.jpg
    382.2 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_2236 (1).jpg
    IMG_2236 (1).jpg
    432.1 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_2238.jpg
    IMG_2238.jpg
    410.4 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_2239 (1).jpg
    IMG_2239 (1).jpg
    687.6 KB · Views: 208
Wow, your bike has a lot of nice parts on it. Nice! I just put new SIS shifters on the Marin today. I am trying to get the ergos better on this bike. I have a raised set of bars coming and I have been switching seats outs. I am really starting to like this bike. The shifting has really improved. Now I just have to make it fit me better and feel more comfortable.
I would like to put some higher end brakes on it and maybe some Mavic wheels some day. It is pretty light and flies with road slicks pumped up to 60 psi.

1995 Klein Attitude Mtn. Bike

- Sea & Sky Paint
- 20” Frame – Riders 5’ 7” – 5’ 10” Per Klein Catalog
- http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/d/2645-2/Klein1995.pdf
- MC2 Bar/Stem Combo
- Judy SL Suspension Fork
- Also have Original Rigid Klein Fork
- Full XTR Gruppo
- Sun CR17A Rims with White Brothers Aluminum Sealed Bearing Hubs
- Panaracer Smoke/Dart Tires
- Avocet 02 Air 40R Leather Saddle
- Ringle’ Moby Green Anodized Seat Post
- Paul’s Blue Balls Seatpost Bolt
- Green Anodized Chainring Bolts
- Original Klein Bottle Cage
- Clear Yeti Grips – To show off paint on Handlebars
- Answer Hyperends Aluminum Bar Ends – Trimmed in length
- Specialized Titanium Wheel Skewers
- Various Ti Bolt upgrades
- Blue Anodized Rear Derailleur Roller device
- Green Anodized Rear Derailleur Pivot Bolt
- Speedplay Frogs TI Pedals
DSC04981.JPG

DSC04994.JPG

DSC05013.JPG

20180602_131305.jpg

20180602_125440.jpg

Sometimes those old ones come back. Last summer I made this post about a older mountain bike I gave to friend on his birthday.

Below is the original quoted post:
"This weekend I setup this early 80's period large 22" framed Mountain Bike. I'm not sure its exact age, but its definitely a early one with its 10 speeds, and cantilever brakes. I removed the decals off the frame with a heat gun and some lighter fluid about a year ago, because they were all scratched up and peeling. They were also very ugly with 80's era pastel type colors. The bike definitely looks much better without them. I remember it being a Nishiki, but could be mistaken.

I just got back from a nice long test ride, and will be giving this one away tonight as a birthday present to friend who's hosting a football game tonight. He told me awhile back that he wanted a larger bike. I also put a huge comfort stye spring saddle on it, as its going to a big guy.

After it was all cleaned up, it ended up looking pretty nice! I'm also going to try to fix his vintage gumball machine tonight for his children. I found a similar one this weekend with a broken globe for just a few bucks, and will see if the parts might interchange."

Today he showed up in my drive way and returned the bike. I imediately asked him whats wrong with it? " The reply I got back surprised me. He said "Absolutely nothing, It got me back into biking, and I just bought myself a new bike. I no longer have a need for it and wanted to give it back to you."

1.JPG

Its definitely alot dirtier now than last seen in this photo, but that's a good thing. (the dirt does not show up in this photo)

It looks like he changed out my seat with one that is even uglier.
IMG_3290.JPG

Edit: He me sent me a text saying the spring loaded saddle was swapped on to his wife's bike as she did not like this one. That's fine with me. I'm glad she is enjoying it.

Last edited:
Hey all,
This is my first post. I bought this Univega Alpina Pro in 1985 or thereabouts as a used bike. It was owned by an older gentleman that worked in a local Schwinn Shop. He was taller than me, I'm just 6 feet. I thought the frame was just a tad tall, but the bike rode really well. Rode the $hit out of it, up and down curbs, down full staircases, across golf courses, on and off the road. Had a local bike shop do a tune up and change the crank and headset bearings about 5 years ago and put slightly smaller width tires on it. I did that to lighten the rolling resistance. Now I am the older gentleman. Multiple surgeries later, hands, lower back (including implants) spacers between vertebrae, and shoulder surgery last year. With that history, I wanted to alter the riding position and gain comfort. My answer was to add a better seat, ape hanger handlebars, adjustable stem, and relocate the shift levers. I also had to extend my brake cables. The bike rides like a dream. I set it up as a semi beach cruiser. Added a friction generator, front headlight, and rear marker light, not to mention a warning bell for pedestrians.

Saved all the parts that came off for nostalgic reasons. I even have the original tires and innertubes.

I was one of those kids in the early 1970's that first delivered newspapers on my Sears Spyder bike (5 speed). Bought myself a 1974 Schwinn LeTour with money saved. Put many hard miles on the old 10 speed thru the years until I wanted a mountain bike when they were just becoming popular.

Enjoy

F200155A-.jpg

FC25E1DD-.jpg

Back