When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1978 Redline Proline

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

nycet3

Wore out three sets of tires already!
bought this frame & fork hoping it was what it is: a 1978 Redline Proline. Someone spray bombed it olive drab.

I've been looking for an original finish red set for years.

I started to remove the spray bomb, and the original red is still there. I'll slowly uncover the rest of it.

The serial number stamp is too faint to read, but I know it's a 1978. The head tube is three pieces welded ogether, which makes it either a year one (1977) or a 1978. (From 1979 & beyond, the head tube was one-piece with extruded ends.) What narrows this down to a 1978 is the seat stays. They have two bends. (A 1977 has stays with a single bend.)

I'm pretty happy to have an original finish red set. I'll build it up with survivor era-correct parts.

IMG_6812.JPG
IMG_6811.JPG
IMG_6800.JPG
IMG_6802.JPG
IMG_6801.JPG

IMG_6857.JPG
Unearthed the serial number. Definitely 1978.
Unfortunately the the bike had been repainted red long ago. The original finish is gone. I'm not into refinished bikes, so I'm moving this frame and fork along to someone else.

Back