When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

39 Hawthorne Twin Bar

-
Took about 15min this morning, before it gets hot ( 110 @ 4pm yesterday), getting the fenders ready for color....
DSC_1054.JPG

DSC_1055.JPG

DSC_1056.JPG

One more step on the fenders this morning. The one thing about Lacquer is that it's a thin paint and very easy to sand thru...With the stripes on the the fenders, I just need to knock the edges down a little bit. I hate any ridges on stripes in a paint job. Even sanding with 2000grit paper & soapy water to knock them down, I sanded thru the white (just slightly) and had to do a little touch up. Then, clear coated them. It brings out the silver & the white and allows me to smooth all the ridges before color. There is nothing like touching a paint job and not feeling any edges on the stripes.
DSC_1059.JPG

DSC_1060.JPG

DSC_1062.JPG

Well, Monday the final paint is going on and should be completed by Tuesday at the latest.. .depends on the temps on Monday.. The quandary I'm having is do I show the pieces after being painted, or show everything once the bike is put together...not sure what I'm going to do...:cool:

To be continued.................

Some days you're the windshield, some days you're the bug.... I was baking all the parts today (outside in Cali in the summer). Everything was hanging, except the fenders....probably the wind..
DSC_1080.JPG

DSC_1081.JPG

The fenders were on top of the rack above. I went to the grocery store, and when I got back, the fenders were on the ground..
Oh well, minor set back. About 6 more hours of work to repaint them over the next few days, no big deal..
They will be hung from now on.....:sleepy:
Already started.
DSC_1079.JPG

As I always say on here, without my glasses, I cannot read, it looks like ants. I should also not paint without them either..The color I'm using is Fire Red Pearl..I used a lot of it to do test painting, so, after a few coats on the bike, I didn't have enough in the can for the final coat. OK, have another in the cabinet. Mix it, spray it. Well.............:rolleyes:
ddddd.png
Hmmmmm. Let me look at the can of paint.
DSC_1085.JPG
Apparently, Fire Red & Firethorne Red are 2 different colors (forgot I had that color), and the latter is not translucent, more purple.:mad:
Sooooooooo, take 2 this morning.
DSC_1082.JPG

DSC_1083.JPG

DSC_1084.JPG

Another day in my life. Enjoy your day...:cool:

Back